Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

What do you use to treat genital warts ? (Page 1)

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
Has anyone here tried using this stuff? I'm thinking of purchasing some but don't want to waste money if it is not effective.

Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Babygirl74
|

replied November 17th, 2004
Me neither but then agen im 14 so I dont have a credit card :/ what shall I do cos im embarrassed to go doctors shud I go cos it cud get bad?
|

replied August 13th, 2005
Questions On Hpv
Ok I have hpv and im using a cream from my doctor called aldara.. And seens to be working.. But I am going to surgery to get rid of the signs... All the sites on hpv is so different and sometime confusing...They say warts are very contagous...So dont be active when u have so my question is can u spread hpv when signs are gone.....Even when using protection
|

replied August 13th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
My daughter has hpv without the warts, there are 100's diff. Kind of hpv. Her was found during paptest. They said hers is not active right now. Dont know when and if it ever was. Dont think she can pass it to others right now. But...She always uses a condom. When reading up on hpv I learened that when you shed the skin (warts) from hpv that is when you are most likely to give to others. Cuz the virus lives in the shed cells. And you do shed the skin. But never get rid of the disease.
|

replied November 6th, 2005
I think I might have genital warts but im too embarrassed to go to the doctors for it. Im still a virgin and I really dont know anything about the disease and it might not even be that but im really worried about it I dont think there are even any sexual health clinics in my area. I wanted to order the treatment cream of the internet so I wouldnt have to go to the doctors about it but im only 17 and dont have a credit card : :cry:
|

replied November 6th, 2005
to Zero
Zero, if you are a virgin how can you have hpv. This is not possible. You need to go to your doctor to get diagnoise properly. Your health is so important and there are other things that could be wrong
|

replied November 11th, 2005
Fran
It is not imposible to have hpv and still be a virgin. If you look up hpv on the internet it will state that it is contagious through saliva, even shaking someones hand you can get it. So it is not impossible for her to have it.
|

replied November 13th, 2005
I Have Hpv
I have hpv... But im so confused about it! I tried looking up stuff but I keep getting differnet types of info! I had a cervical biopsy, so I think that the warts are only on my cervix, but ive noticed some bumps on the outside. Do the warts itch? How do I kno if its a wart from hpv? I just need some info on it in general please. I want to know more about what I have so I can be informed about my body.
|

replied November 14th, 2005
I just got diagnosed with hpv. I saw a little wart going near my vagina and went to the health department. In case any of you did not know hpv is sometimes carried for years before you show any signs of it. Guys usually do not show signs of it, and it is harder for a guy to catch it from a girl than it is a girl to catch it from a guy. I was prescribed this cream called aldara which cost about $200 without insurance. But for you marc, you are embarassed to go to the doctors, that is nothing to be embarassed of, find where the closest health department is in your area and go. You can get the warts frozen off for no charge, but I heard it is painful so I am gonna stick with the aldara.
|

replied November 22nd, 2005
Medications For Hpv
How much should I consider over the internet purchases of treatment options for hpv? Do they work? What do you recomend? What works the best? There is just so many choices! I just got diagnoised today and I am bummed out and disapponted in myself. I feel like I defected toy or something. I am getting support from my boyfriend, my mom and close friends. But I still feel horrible about myself. Is this normal?
|

replied November 23rd, 2005
It if very normal to feel all grossed out. That is how I felt at first, it has been a month now that I have had hpv and it really does not bother me as much as it did. Also, if you do have the warts that appear on the outside of the vagina you prolly are not are risk for cancer, which is great. The type of hpv that appears on the skin does not put you at risk for cancer, that is what the gyno said atleast. As far as a treatment, I had 2 options, getting them frozen off which I was scared to death of or using the cream called aldara, that is the one I chose, she said they both work about the same and are both very effective. There are places you can order aldara online but it is very expensive, but it is prolly better than buying something that doesnt work.
|

replied December 28th, 2005
Experienced User
Time
About how long does it take for genital warts to go away once they come? Are there certain symptoms that are always present when someone shows symptoms?
|

replied January 17th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Im 21 weeks pregant and I just found out that I have hpv and omg I wanted to break down and cry and hide in a corner from the world. Me have an std wth...!!! But anyways... I've dealt with it pretty much but I cant get anything done with it untill after I have the baby. My doctor told me that they would freeze them off and there wasnt a big chance that they could come back.
Genital warts are really contagious... They are just like a regular wart. I'm not sure if once they are gone can u spread them I dont think so. My mom also had them and got the actual warts frozen off and never had a problem since.
Another thing is I havent herd of them just going away... I thought u had to ahve some sort of treatment for them to go away.
My problem is the hpv virus gives you a 50/50 chance on having cervical cancer...And since I already have pre cervical cancer cells... It's really nerve raking to ahve found out I already have a version of the hpv virus.
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2006
About Hpv
I just found out that all warts no matter if it is a seed wart a planters wart, whatever are all caused by the hpv virus. It is a skin to skin disease that can be contracted through shaking hands, sex, anything that involves your skin touching someone elses skin. There are 100s of strains of hpv. Some cause warts ( low risk hpv) some cause dysplasia pre cancerous cells ( high risk dysplasia) and some cause both. Warts that can be pre cancerous. The good news is that your body can actually rid itself of the hpv virus if you have a good immune system. I think that ppl who have hpv should take vitamins every day because believe it or not, they really do help. I take centrum, vitamin c, and folic acid.
|

replied February 28th, 2006
Hpv
Hello,

hope this post finds all with good hope,

i have been infected with a severe case of genital warts for some time now. I have tried many treatments and researched many different healing methods. My doctor proscribed me some meds I hated. The side effects and the fact it didn't work made me question doctors in general. I asked him about natural supllaments and he said he is not 'in position to comment' on them.

In miy mind that ment he did not know jack nitty.... Or he wanted my money every time I went in.
I researched some sites and found this place Repivar.Tk I don't like the crap doctors prescribe that doesn't even work and cost me way too much. I tried repivar and have had realy good results. I don't get side effects, I can eat, and I love natural herbs now. I have moved from doctors drugs to taking natural supplaments and feel ten times healthier... Hope repivar works for you, try it out and post results... I don't think of myself as an exception.
|

replied March 1st, 2006
Experienced User
Wait..If you have warts they never go away?? I thought they appeared during an infection and then disappeared after awhile...
|

replied March 1st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
.H.P.V is incurable--the warts do sometimes come and go--if you have a form of the disease that gives you warts. When the warts fall off---is the most active time. While shedding cells is when the disease is most active. But then after a shedding of cells, there is a time of inactivity. So the disease is either active or non active. You always have it, and can always spread it, but there are times of so called "remission"

but protection is always needed to protect your partner. Always---
|

replied August 12th, 2006
I posted something somewhere else about this exact topic I was hoping to get some answers before I decide to see a doctor. Im 17 and have been having... I know very bad... Unprotected sex with my boyfriend of 2 months. Im the second person hes been with and I know the other girl is completely free of anything. I have never not used a condom so I should be clear of anything also. At the very top to the opening of my vagina there are a couple of bumps in a v shape that actually go with the opening so I wasnt even sure if this was natural for the simple fact that I have never looked closely before they are also the exact color of my vagina and almost blend in with it. Once in a while it will get the tingly feeling of itching but ive thought nothing of it till I decided to look some things up online. Everything points to genital warts but I dont see how I got in this position does it sound like them?
|

replied February 28th, 2007
Hi
hey everyone

i do believe i am in the same boat. i have gotten blood tests done and no signs but i think you need more than blood tests to determine if you have genital warts or not. these are the meds i have been using. aldara, expensive and the pharma told me taking this takes time to work. second thing ive been using trichloracetic acid. painful, but burns the skin off, worth it if you dont want the warts showing.

what tests can be done to determine if you have genital warts 100%?
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2007
Re:
there are very few ways to know if you have it , most guys can not be tested for it but can carrie it with out ever even knowing. i for one being a victum of that case . but on the case of getting them chemicaly removed i ust went through that treatment and it didnt seem to do anything for me . the warts are all still thee and i think i have even gained a few new ones. how long will it take for them to fall off or did it just not work...???
|

replied September 23rd, 2011
Hi I had 3 or 4 large warts down there and had 3 treatments of the stuff theyuse to freeze them off. It worked for me and haven't had a problem since (touch wood)
|
12 >>
Quick Reply