Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

I Want to Take Steroids

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
Hi I'm a 21 year old male who wants to take steroids in order to look generally bigger and thicker. I don't plan on competing in body building competitions or anything like that I just want to build muscle for myself in order to feel more comfortable about my apearance.

I'm 5,11" and weigh about 11 stone 4lbs. So pretty slim. I've been training on and off for 6 years and havn't builded a noticable build due to the fact I havn't been eating to build the mass. I had to go to the gym from a young age to stenghten my abs and lower back due to a crack lower spine and slipped disc. explaining this to some one who says "your skinny to say you got gym" is very awkward. I have however tried alot of routines over the years and been just generally training well. I'm currently doing a 3 days split routine. Which consist of 3/4 sets of 10 reps per excercise.

I would say I am a hard gainer naturally and feel that now I am 21 I have decided I would like to take steroids in order to boost my build. I am totally aware of the possible side effects also.

Considering the facts of not concentrating on diet much or taking the amount of steroids that body builders take for the competitions am I likely to benefit a possible build from the steroids at all. Plus once I feel happy with my build can discontiuing the use of steroids but continueing training loose any of the build I gained when taking the steroids.

There seems to be many kinds of steroids and the only kind that interest me are the oral type (dianabol capsules) I guess for novices but tbh I am not keen on any needles just of the fact it seems extreme but I did abit of reading and it seems like I owuld need to inject once a week for the first 8 weeks.. I gues I wouldn't have to go all out seen as I'm not a body builder but just looking for a good build to be happy with. Say an extra 2 or 3 stone on mass.

I do suffer from depression and I feel building a good build to be more comfortable in my own skin will greater my chances of being happy again aswell getting laser eye surgery and having a job I enjoy.

Last edited by Anonyran on July 24th, 2007 05:59 PM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: I Want to Take Steroids
Bren86 wrote:
Hi I'm a 21 year old male who wants to take steroids in order to look generally bigger and thicker. I don't plan on competing in body building competitions or anything like that I just want to build muscle for myself in order to feel more comfortable about my apearance.

I'm 5,11" and weigh about 11 stone 4lbs. So pretty slim. I've been training on and off for 6 years and havn't builded a noticable build due to the fact I havn't been eating to build the mass. I had to go to the gym from a young age to stenghten my abs and lower back due to a crack lower spine and slipped disc. explaining this to some one who says "your skinny to say you got gym" is very awkward. I have however tried alot of routines over the years and been just generally training well. I'm currently doing a 3 days split routine. Which consist of 3/4 sets of 10 reps per excercise.

I would say I am a hard gainer naturally and feel that now I am 21 I have decided I would like to take steroids in order to boost my build. I am totally aware of the possible side effects also.

Considering the facts of not concentrating on diet much or taking the amount of steroids that body builders take for the competitions am I likely to benefit a possible build from the steroids at all. Plus once I feel happy with my build can discontiuing the use of steroids but continueing training loose any of the build I gained when taking the steroids.

There seems to be many kinds of steroids and the only kind that interest me are the oral type not any needles or any sort. I gues I wouldn't have to go all out seen as I'm not a body builder but just looking for a good build to be happy with. Say an extra 2 or 3 stone on mass.

I do suffer from depression and I feel building a good build to be more comfortable in my own skin will greater my chances of being happy again aswell getting laser eye surgery and having a job I enjoy.

Keep working out.. You WILL get bigger concentrate on a diet. Talk to a trainer. Don't take drugs to make you bigger. They will just hurt you in the long run, because you think you can stop, but just like anything else it's really hard and not worth it. PLUs they make you have a big chest. When I am at the gym I can tell from looking at people who has been taking steriods. It looks gross. Just a really un natural look. Even the guys that are smaller look bad. I don't know maybe it's because I can tell. My boyfriend was a body builder and trainer (no drugs) for many year and he didn't use drugs he would win contests etc for having the best build. he also showed me which guys use drugs etc.
|

replied May 25th, 2011
Dale 123 is right, also you can try something non-invasive
|

replied March 14th, 2014
You cannot always tell if someone is taking steroids, plus they dont all make you have a big chest. There is plenty of guys that take steroids to a natural dose of what your body should produce...you represent the mass of idiots who confuse steroid abuse and use. Not to mention, you probably dont know what a steroid is by definition...there are many things such as growth hormone that are responsible for the size in body builders...and its technically not a steroid.
|

replied August 7th, 2007
hello, im sorry i didnt read your whole post but i did read that you are interested in taking D-bol. I cant tell you what to do and what not to do but i can tell you that my boyfriend just finished taking D-bol... not a good idea. He was told it would make him happy and not agressive, well he was already agressive before he took it. Now we are pretty much broken up because he got SO aggesive on it. It did make him a little bigger faster, BUT as soon as he stopped taking it, hes losing the gains. Its mostly just water weight and once your done using d-bol you will just look tubby. lol no joke. Anyways, i wouldnt reccomend it. He is 21 too and you guys are still growing believe it or not, please re-consider. Oh one more thing you might be interested to hear is that it made his dick smaller... sorry had to be said.
|

replied March 14th, 2014
ok I am calling bull on this one. Steroids dont shrink your dick. If you are not using hcg, then it will shrink your testicles because they would stop producing. Also, oral steroids are for idiots and you keep gains if you know how to cycle properly.
|

replied August 11th, 2007
protein shake? mass building shake? theres so many of those... maybe u shud try them first?
|

User Profile
replied August 11th, 2007
dj12 wrote:
protein shake? mass building shake? theres so many of those... maybe u shud try them first?

hey, yes protein shakes are good. I use them they're great
|

replied August 22nd, 2007
Try creatine first. You will likely gain weight without the steroid side effects. If it is women you are after, you'd be surprised to know that unnatural size just makes you look foolish while a natural fit person like yourself currently is what is most attractive.
|

replied August 23rd, 2007
1timemadman wrote:
Try creatine first. You will likely gain weight without the steroid side effects. If it is women you are after, you'd be surprised to know that unnatural size just makes you look foolish while a natural fit person like yourself currently is what is most attractive.

not to sound like a know-it-all or anything but i am in training to be a personal trainer, and i learnt that usually creatine doesnt make you gain that much, and people are different, lots of people it will not work at all with them, all that creatine does is give you an extra "booste" of energy for your first couple reps/sprints or whatever, its not like protein. and also, consuming too much protien is not benificial either.
|

replied August 24th, 2007
Experienced User
goodbyeacne wrote:
1timemadman wrote:

not to sound like a know-it-all or anything but i am in training to be a personal trainer, and i learnt that usually creatine doesnt make you gain that much, and people are different, lots of people it will not work at all with them, all that creatine does is give you an extra "booste" of energy for your first couple reps/sprints or whatever, its not like protein. and also, consuming too much protien is not benificial either.

Creatine does work for some and not others.
|

replied September 30th, 2007
Experienced User
Don't Do Steroids
11 stone and 4 lbs is 158 lbs, thats not that skinny for 5 foot 11. I'm 5 foot 10.75 and I weigh 145 lbs (10 stone, 5 lbs). However, I am 16 years old. Don't do steroids, they will make your "manly parts" smaller. Girls will prefer healthy "manly parts" a lot more than having a big built that is unnatural looking. Besides, having big muscles doesn't mean you're badass. I could probably knock out half the adult bodybuilder tough guys at my gym at 145 lbs of lean muscle.
|

replied March 29th, 2011
yeah boy i would like to see you try
|

replied March 14th, 2014
You do not even know what a steroid is, let alone what it does. Typical media hogwash that it shrinks your "manly parts." Educate yourself before you repeat what you see on the news son.
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2007
Steroids - Not worth the side effects, why risk wanting to get a chubby tubby, saggy breasts, increase in aggression, smaller and messed up testicles and penis etc just to look "good" fast.

Creatine - Works for some, fails for others, its not as dangerous as steroids because our body produces a bit of it so its natural, but taking in too much can cause liver damage. If you are going to take this, make sure to drink a gallon or two of water per day, few of my friends took it and even with two gallons per day, they told me their piss was like yellow gatorade. Make sure to take time off before going back to it at regular intervals.

Protein Supplements/Weight Gainers - No, experts say these only work to a minimum effect. I've heard a few guys who say they got bigger from it, but they haven't considered that maybe the fact that they ate a lot more and worked out better might have been the significant contribution. I took protein shakes and stayed at a constant 155 pounds your height while working out for almost 2 years. Then I researched how to better work out and eat last spring semester, did NOT take protein supplements, became a personal trainer, and am currently 170 pounds as of two months ago. I think I probably gained more weight by then, but its all good. I'm aiming for 175-180.

N.O. Xplode - A recent "miracle" supplement I've heard within the last few months, sounds pretty cool at first. I might try it out just to experience it (sounds like drugs haha, but I don't do any). Supposedly it opens up your veins and arteries so that blood flow will increase significantly, which I think is true from what everybody told me has taken it, which means they can work out more effectively and with more weight due to the oxygen flow. Pumps you up and makes you feel like doing nothing else but working out for hours a little while after you take it. No known side effects at the moment, other then that you can't sleep if you taken it at night time. That part doesn't sound safe, it must have a lot of caffeine or something to do such a thing. I don't mean like coffee, if you drink this at 10pm, you wont be able to sleep even if its 6am and worked out through most of that.

In general, supplements are bull, I don't mean every one, but hey its business, they know the guys want to get bigger and the girls want to get smaller, make a pill, call it something flashy, get/pay somebody that sounds certified to say its approved/guaranteed for "blah blah blah", market it, and boom everybody wants a piece, the businessmen go mwahahahaha look at these fools while their profits increase drastically.

Drugs like steroids, they work, they will get you bigger and suddenly bench like 300 pounds, but anything fast achieved is never without its penalty. It's either fake water muscle that'll disappear, a peepee that'll get smaller and look microscopic compared to the rest of your muscles, heart failures, etc. Watch Star Wars, what you think they are trying to convey about the Jedi and the Sith (who try to gain power quickly by "cheating" all of them turn out messed up, crazy, or ugly like the Emperor) =).

Well it seems there are some other personal trainers or future personal trainers here, ask them or me first and see if they can correct any possible mistakes with your diet/form (just for your info, the knowledge personal training certifications give us[unless we had learned it ourselves] on dieting is general and limited., go to a nutritionist for proper ways to eating healthy, we can only tell you generally what you should do about food. We specialize in the exercise, not the munchies, many people have that preconception of us wrong.) Try it out, if all else fails, you can take your steroids and get smaller testes if you wish =).
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2007
Supporter
After seeing the results from steroid use in the media (with Chris Benoit and the others)...

WHY WOULD ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WANT[ TO USE STEROIDS?

'Roid rage is abusive behavior. Why would you want to subject your family to that?
What happens if you take a gun one day and kill your kids/wife then yourself, all because you wanted a 6-pack and some pecs?
Makes no sense to me.
|

replied May 11th, 2011
Haven't read all the posts but I’m guessing most of the reply's go along the lines of...

"They give you 'roid-rage' and make you aggressive"
"They will kill you in the long term"
"They make your penis and/or your balls smaller"

I did read one post that said "it did make his dick smaller"

Firstly let’s clear one thing up. Steroids DO NOT make your penis smaller. So the poster was in fact lying. True most steroids (mostly injection such as testosterone enanthate, deca, sustone etc.) will reduce the size of your testicals (testicular atrophy), but once you have stopped taking the steroids they come back. But they DO NOT in anyway reduce the size of your penis.
Secondly let’s address this issue of ‘roid-rage’. This is a term the media made up. Yes some steroid users are aggressive while taking the drugs, but then again isn’t a lot of people who aren’t taking steroids aggressive? Also a point to think about, a lot of people become more aggressive while drinking...but I would bet that most people on here still drink.
Non aggressive people won’t suddenly turn aggressive while taking steroids.
Now for the one I love to prove wrong. “They kill you”. Please find me proof of somebody dieing, purely, with no other contributors, from steroids. Also last year (2010) guess where steroids came in the reasons why people visited A&E in America, Top 5? Top 10? Top 20? Nope, it was 149th. 149th with a single digit amount of people (think it was 3 or 4 but I can’t remember) in the whole of the USA who were admitted to A&E for steroid abuse. Just an interesting fact for you, all these placed higher:
Smoking, Alcohol, Recreational drugs (such as heroin)...Ok they may not surprise you but how about these that all finished higher:
Bananas, Multi Vitamins, paracetamol, I-brufen, peanuts and raisins. Scary to think you have more chance of going to hospital by eating a banana than taking steroids.
In my opinion there is a massive difference to a steroid user and a steroid abuser. If taken with care they are a very effective supplement, if not just like any other drug can cause side effects, but so can paracetmol.
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2011
There is something no one is talking about here. You said you suffer from depression. This is something that needs to be addressed. If you take steroids and are not happy with the results how do you think this can help with your depression. It won't. You need to take care of other issues like maybe it is your training or not taking in enough calories. Even steroids won't work if your training isn't right.
|

replied March 14th, 2014
Technically, his depression could result from low testosterone....seeing as he said he has trouble gaining. Ironically, if this were the cause he would be killing two birds with one stone.
|