Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Little Red Spots Here And There

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
I have noticed lately that I have these tiny little red spots here and there on my hands, a couple on my arms and a few on my legs. They are so tiny that they resemble an itty bitty freckle. I pull my skin to the side to tighten the area where it's red and they disappear for a second until I let the skin lay normal, and then they re-appear. I have had these for a couple of years now and they just stay the same size, but now I have more of them in different areas. I have noticed my mom has a bigger one on her leg and my husband has one on his back also. Is this the era of skin cancer beginning that nobody has paid attention to??

Rolling Eyes
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper dd
|

replied September 16th, 2003
Little Red Spots
These are hemangiomas, they are little collections of blood vessels on the skin, they are benign, you will probably get more and are inherited Wink
|

replied January 11th, 2004
Red Spots
Ditto on the last post--these are extremely common--harmless & most everyone has them.---rule of thumb is ---the older you get, the more you will have !!!--try to ignore them---they are not ugly !!!!!!
|

replied July 28th, 2006
Re: Little Red Spots Here And There
cantwait2bmom wrote:
i have noticed lately that I have these tiny little red spots here and there on my hands, a couple on my arms and a few on my legs. They are so tiny that they resemble an itty bitty freckle. I pull my skin to the side to tighten the area where it's red and they disappear for a second until I let the skin lay normal, and then they re-appear. I have had these for a couple of years now and they just stay the same size, but now I have more of them in different areas. I have noticed my mom has a bigger one on her leg and my husband has one on his back also. Is this the era of skin cancer beginning that nobody has paid attention to??

:roll:
|

replied August 9th, 2006
Similar Question...
I have been noticing that I am getting small red spots on my legs that are about and eigth of an inch wide and purplish or dark red in color. They have an almost bruise like appearance but are more defined in their shape than a bruise. They appear randomly and then disappear within a few days, but it has been about a year or so that I have been experiencing them. Today I noticed that I have one reddish pink one on my leg which has coincided with itching all over my legs for no reason that I can conceive. My legs are just so itchy, especially near the area of the red spot and it prevented me from sleeping comfortably last night. I'm thinking I should see my physician, but I am the type of person who tries not to worry about things and lets them pass. Thanks for your time.
|

replied August 12th, 2008
question
i have tiny freckle looking spots on my legs but are raised a little and hurt if i accidentally scratch them and if i itch in a spot i get red little blood blister type things and its like a bruise and then goes away, what does that mean, my blood is comming to the surface? it dosent seem normal it started ... a year ago id say
|

replied April 19th, 2009
itching and rash bumps
I get this if I do not wait long enough for things like rubbing alcohol to evaporate before putting on my shoes and sock but I also get the little unbroken red spots that appear and disappear like aliens from outer space.
|

replied July 31st, 2011
red dots
i have about 15 pin prick type spots on my hands and up my arm they dont dissappear what would this be?
|

replied August 25th, 2011
is this signs of skin cancer
ive got what appear to be blister like spots in between by breasts and one under my breast which never heal since bein on holiday last wk ive had a few more appear.they dont feel sore to touch just dry and crusty i did squeeze one and it oozed clear fluid. ive had them for at least 6mths.
|

is this signs of skin cancer
ive got what appear to be blister like spots in between by breasts and one under my breast which never heal since bein on holiday last wk ive had a few more appear.they dont feel sore to touch just dry and crusty i did squeeze one and it oozed clear fluid. ive had them for at least 6mths.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Hi haley72 and welcome to ehealth: No, this does not sound like Melanoma, however, could be something to keep an eye on...Any sore that does not heal and that you have had for a time, should bear watching...There are other types of cancer, so just keep an eye on it...Take care..

Caroline
|

replied August 26th, 2011
thanx caroline. when ive looked on the net it sounds like non melanoma. just think im prob bein paranoid.x
|

replied December 2nd, 2011
I had an itchy skin and red dots or spots right after using tea tree oil but not sure that I have a reaction from it, coz I used it on dots and that helped a lit bit ( I think) but didn't disappear Sad and in another day that start again..and I have a lot on my stomach and some on my neck Sad What is that and what can I use .. I tried Yogurt, green tea, benadryl allergy, but nothing helps to disappier or even I didn't stop to each ..PLEASE tell me HOW can I get rid of them?((((((?Sad Thank YOU
|

replied December 30th, 2011
ive got 5 blister type spots on my wrist had them about 4 weeks now.
is this normal or should i seek medical advice? someone please help
|

replied October 8th, 2012
I have had tiny red spots all over like one on my face and a few on my hands. Should I be worrid about skin cancer?
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Harpreet Singh