Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Methods for Killing the Invisible Bugs (Page 1)

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
Invisible bugs are bugging a bunch of us from what I can see on the internet. Mix 1 TBS of Lemon Joy Dish Soap, 1 TBS of Lemon Ammonia, & 1 quart of water. It may take a day or 2 of spraying & drying, but they will go away Laughing

I also use Tea Tree Oil to make the bites go away quickly. Let me know if you need any other of my many day & night of research I've done on this weird mystery bug biting invisible monster.

Also use roll-on deodorant on chiggers to smother them & stop the itch. I also use hair spray on yellow jackets & other flying stinger type bugs.

Staph & Morgellan's are spreading at a fast rate in the US. Some think it could be chemicals in the air from the war in Iraq & imported foods from China & other countries. Just a thought for consideration.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper dazona
|
Users who thank anoldspider for this post: powerman5000 

replied January 5th, 2008
These Bugs Are a Pain
I've been noticing some bugs lately that I've never seen before. They very small (not head of a pin small, more like head of a craft needle small (14-12 gauge). They appear to be black, but might have some gray on them as well. They have no discernable head, their shape is round to slightly oval, the legs are underneath a dome-shaped body, not splayed like a roach, I'm not certain of the number of legs because they're too small to count. Even as small as they are, they do crunch, so I'd say their dome is a bit of a shell. I've seen the in the pantry and in a chocolate box. I live Oregon state, near the coast. If someone has a idea please let me know.
|

replied October 20th, 2011
The invisible bug is transparent but can be seen under a miscrope. I have been trying to get a sample of this insect that has been biting for the past 3 months and finally after many attempts at this process I couln't believe my eyes. As it happened I decided to wash my feet with alcohol hoping to catch whatever it was that was in my sock, so I put my foot up unto the bathroom basin and wet a wash rag with alcohol and started wiping my foot as I remove the sock,little by little towards the toes, I realized from my research that alcohol kills these insects on contact, so I was hoping to get some samples of the dead ones, as I got to the toes and remove the last of the sock, I could see some black pepper grains in the sink. I got some up with paper towel wet with alcohol and while putting these little grain like items into the zip lock bag from the paper towel I noticed a little white thin jumping under the plastic bag I should have got the miscrope on him but trying to put him in the bag it got away from me, however, I still did get the other black ones and under the miscrope it looks like a little bunch of hair (it is not a bunch of hair however) it is a little insect covered with hair like tenacles and lookes like a little flea or similar. I hope to do this again and catch a live one next time. I don't know if they turn black when they die, because I had put powder in my sock and the little thing jumping was the same size of the black one but all white and I am guessing it was covered with powder. Someone have got to help us, these things are not invisible bugs, they are transparent and I'm not sure how much damage they are able to do, they are already causing much pain and stress as small as they are, but being transparent like that makes it very difficult to deal with since you can't really sea them without a microscope.
|

replied February 3rd, 2012
Invisible bugs are attacking my face!
Did you find what it was? I might have have the same problem, and now they are attacking my eyes, nose and ears where I can not really cover while I'm sleeping. My cornea is scrutched after the bug? or something came into my eye, and both of my eyelids (around lashes) are damaged as well. My ENT doctor found tiny black thing stuck on my eardrum which had to be vaccuume to remove. I can feel something crawling around my nose, ear and eyes every night!
|

replied April 4th, 2012
Hi June45,
Did you find a solution? We seem to have the same problem, at least I do. My husband feels the bites/stings. We have been dealing with this since 1/25/12. It is very discouraging.
|

replied May 12th, 2012
Try looking into eyelash mites... google Demodex. Hop it helps.
|

replied June 17th, 2012
Invisible bug was Demodex Mites in my case.
Hi, I think you have Demodex mites. These mites are very hard to kill but TTO seams to do the trick. I've had this itching problem for 15 years and finally after a lot of searching found the answer and trying to help other people cos I know how this can play with your head. Doctors don't seem to want to help.
It'll take around 3 months to kill all adults and eggs but you'll see results in the first week.
Don't give up and try not to get stressed as the mites get worse when your immune system gets weak.

Check out this link and good luck.

http://www.healio.com/optometry/cornea-ext ernal-disease/news/print/primary-care-opto metry-news/%7B586C29A0-2BF5-4548-9670-14E8 8FAE9B98%7D/Demodex-infestation-requires-i mmediate-aggressive-treatment-by-doctor-pa tient
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied July 4th, 2012
Invisible flying mites biting me, and found a solution
White opaque mite would turn blackish red after they suck your blood as meal. They are invisible mites floating in the air, since they cannot fly, they are wingless. They attack people with higher body temperature. Turn down your room temp as low as you can. I bought air purifier ($59)and ,placed near the incadecent light bulb alnight to attract bugs,suck up the air around light bulb. Repeated every night for 7 days (since you can not kill eggs) to get rid of the mites. 70% isopropanol could kill them. Do not open air purifier in the room after trapping the bugs. Open at outside and spray with isopropanl and vaccum them. I finally succeed to get rid of most of mites after bitten and suffered for 3 months by something invisible.
|

replied July 4th, 2012
Invisible flying mites biting me, and found a solution
White opaque mite would turn blackish red after they suck your blood as meal. They are invisible mites floating in the air, since they cannot fly, they are wingless. They attack people with higher body temperature. Turn down your room temp as low as you can. I bought air purifier ($59)and ,placed near the incadecent light bulb alnight to attract bugs,suck up the air around light bulb. Repeated every night for 7 days (since you can not kill eggs) to get rid of the mites. 70% isopropanol could kill them. Do not open air purifier in the room after trapping the bugs. Open at outside and spray with isopropanl and vaccum them. I finally succeed to get rid of most of mites after bitten and suffered for 3 months by something invisible.
|

replied August 11th, 2014
Hi I am in australia and have got a serious invisible bug invasion. its started in a second hand bed we bought I think but now its is in all our cloths couches and carpets. I am washing cloths 5 hours a day and steaming bedding and chairs. its is lowering there numbers but not killing them. have you found any solution to your tiny bug problem. my husband keeps saying he sees tiny black dots. They don't bite me but i itch. my theory is that they spit a saliva that is an irritat. i have been researching for weeks and think your blog might be the same invisible bug? can you tell me if you have found a solution please! desperate in sydney
|

replied April 1st, 2010
BUGS

From my experience there is a tiny, probably microscopic, bug that you are allergic to. The only thing I am allergic to is aspirin and I get hives if I take it. So the first time I experienced this bug was at the beach and I thought they were sand flees, they infected my car and soon my house. They would itch profusely and cause welts and were completely invisible. As soon as I feel them I take a really hot shower and use dial antibacterial liquid soap and that will get them off me and this gives immediate relief. Whatever clothes you were wearing isolate in a plastic bag and as soon as possible wash in hot water with detergent and some bleach. This will take care of the clothes. Go out and get Raid foggers in the small orange cans and bomb your car, once of twice and then clean with Windex. If you have leather Windex will kill these things. If they have fully infiltrated your house bomb it like the car and follow up with Windex. On upholstery remove the cushions and if you can put them in bags and stuff them in the microwave oven for about 20 seconds, any longer may burn the cushions or bed pillows, I burned one or two by going longer, but if you cant wash something the microwave trick works at killing them on sneakers and stuff like that. It will take some time to get them completely gone but you will, but you must act fast because you can spread them to friends, family, and neighbors and they will make their way back to you through them especially if they are not allergic to them since they wouldnt know they have them they will sit down in your house and there you go again. Ill break out the Windex and clean the leather couch as soon as they leave and keep them off the pillows because those are harder to clean. I really wish I knew what these things are, I tried to reveal them with a black light but I think the only way is with a microscope. People who are not allergic will think you are crazy and Drs dont have a clue and will prescribe for the symptoms but have no real solution. I hope this helps, good luck!
|

replied June 13th, 2010
Tiny black beach bugs are making my legs itch and burn?
I am at a North Carolina Beach and after my morning walk on the beach my legs started burning and itching. I showered, swam in ocean, swam in pool, sprayed legs with rubbing alcohol, used Lidocaine and that lasts about 5 minutes, showered again and shaved my legs, and finally my daughter rubbed Vodka on my legs. This relieved it for about 10 minutes and we could see small black specks on the paper towels. HELP.. my legs are itching and burning so bad I don't know what else to do. Does this sound like the same thing? I was wearing shoes so it is just on my legs. I can not see anything on my legs and I do not have any swollen bites but it feels like I have been in a Stinging Nettle Bush.

Donna
|

replied May 3rd, 2013
Sounds like sea lice Donna.
|

replied February 8th, 2011
crushed mothballs
I suffered from these bugs for over a year and a half. Thank God I am now free of them. The biggest help I got was from moth balls. Id crush them and put them in the carpets after steam cleaning, in my bed when I wasn't in it, in the ziplock storage bags where I kept my clothes and basically everywhere I could possibly use them and as often as possible. I would steam clean the carpets one room at a time three times each and regularly. I washed myself and my clothes with Dr. Bonners peppermint soap. I steam ironed my clothes and bought a shark hand held steam cleaner for the furniture. I used fleabusters and mothballs all over in my truck and stayed out of it for a month. The cold winters snow helped a lot also. I shaved regularly to help scrape them off of my body. However my biggest help was prayer and moth balls.
|

replied September 3rd, 2012
Moth Balls only for inside bags of clothes. Not open areas.
Most people don't know, but Moth balls are only for putting inside sealed bags of clothes or other items. Any other use is illegal due to the dangerous vapors they produce. It's dangerous to use them in open rooms, carpet & bed. Breathing the vapors that are released constantly is dangerous. Contact with skin & eyes cause irritation. Ingestion & Inhalation may cause nausea, vomiting, headaches, dizziness. Dangerous to your skin, blood, liver, kidneys and central nervous system. But all the other suggestions are very helpful.
|

replied February 24th, 2011
Invisible biting bugs continued
Hi, it's me again. I also wanted to mention that after bathing and showering with dr. bronners peppermint soap, I also used sulfer soap called azufre I found on the internet. After my baths I would powder my entire body with gold bond maximum strength (the blue container). I would put it in my socks, my shoes and in my bed. I also used the orange bounce fabric softener in my dryer and also in my shoes while I was wearing them. At night I would tape them around my feet then put the gold bond into my socks and go to bed with them. I accidentally found something else that really worked for spot treatments. Its called ecosmart organic weed and grass killer. Supposed to be safe on the body. I also used it to spray my bed before I got in and on my furniture. One last things that really helped was a dehumidifier. In examining these bugs I found that they really like the humidity and moisture so I used this in my bedroom and in the bathroom. I hope this helps and God bless.
|

replied August 1st, 2011
Hi it's me again. Well while going through some boxes I managed to reinfest myself again. I've tried all of the suggestions I posted here before. I want to apollogize because what I've come to find out is that all the things I used that seemed to work in the past were just coincidental to the fact that it was snow season and it was actually the change in temperature that got rid of them. It's summertime now and I was just reinfested a few months ago. This time what I'm doing that definately works is wrapped my mattress and pillow in plastic and sealed w/packing tape. Spray down with a mixture of 1 squirt of Dr. Bronners peppermint soap, 2 tbls of borax and 1/2 cup of amonia then wipe with paper towels. I use the same ingredients in my bath, scrub w/ washcloth, shave, n wash my flip flops in bath as it's draining then I proceed to take a shower on the jet setting. Mine detaches so I spray the plants of my feet really well. After my shower I run cold water on my feet to knock as many of them off of me as possible. At first I was pulling off any scraglers with packing tape before bed but they quickley stopped after about 2 wks. I use Udderly smooth udder creme, that I buy from Walmart, on my arms, legs and feet prior to laying down. I bought a 20 qt. canning pot w/rack n began boiling my clothes, sheets and towels in it everyday for about an hours worth of boiling. I spray my cars interior with the Dr Bronners, amonia, borax mix everytime I get in it. I don't travel all around the house except to vacuum or steam clean. I stay on the same path everyday and only sit on a dinning chair and stay off of my carpets as much as possible. I sleep well every night and stay virtually bite and crawl free these days. This hasn't entirely eliminated the bug problem but I know it will do until the snow comes.
Some things make these things get far worse like rubbing alcohol, ointments like vicks n tiger balm, raid n other flea killers. They seem to initially work but ultimately cause these things to explode. Lastly wash your arms, hands, legs and feet regularly.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied December 9th, 2011
Got Rid of ~ Cure ~ Remedy for ~ Success ~ Biting Mites
Dec. 2011

I woke up this morning and could honestly say: I’ve got my life back! Last night I didn’t have to:
~ vaporize menthol crystals in my bedroom for two hours before being able to get any sleep;
~ spray down my plastic-covered mattress with 25% ammonia;
~ spray the baseboards and floor around the sink with the ammonia so I could brush my teeth;
~ wash my hair with Selsun Blue while soaking in an Epsom salt bath;
~ make up the bed with freshly washed and bagged bedclothes just before getting in;
~ I didn’t even do one load of laundry yesterday with cup of Borax and 1 cup of ammonia ~ high heat, washer and dryer ~ packing straight from the dryer into plastic bags.

Last night, for the first time in seven months, I sat comfortably on our upholstered sofa and calmly watched television ~ knitting ~ never once having to spray a bite with 1:8 Bug Arrest! The mites(?) are gone! Don’t give up hope. It can end, and when it does, you won’t believe how quickly peace can come back into your life.

As you hunt for help, you will find that there are people suffering similar symptoms from what seem to be different pests. In particular, I had the type of pest that simply cannot be seen with the naked eye, so that is all I can speak to. If you see mites on your pillows or walls, you may want to check out birdmites.org. There’s lots of great advice there for everybody. Yes ~ it’s scary. And yes ~ if you’re early into this you’re going to want to run away (as I did, several times, before I gave in and kept reading). It’s so depressing to find there are people who have suffered this for years. The web needs more posts about people’s successes. Here’s mine.

First, I must offer my eternal thanks and gratitude to Shannon and Jacob of the Shanspirations blog. They have moved on from this topic (bite-free for years) but have left their hard-earned knowledge posted for those of us who came after who are suffering this same nightmare.

Also, on their site I came across the godsend post by Chelz . (Thank you!) It turns out I had already conquered the mites but didn’t realize it due to the fungal skin infection that comes along with them. I had been misreading the fungal movement as mites for at least a week or so. Anti-yeast diet change, supplements, and 1% clotrimazole all over my body, morning and night, is calming those feather (and sometimes sharp) itches. (The sores and bumps are still there, probably Morgellons-type symptoms [www.morgellons.org]. I’m hoping I’m treating it early enough to avoid full-blown Morgellons.)

I believe the biggest, most important factor in getting rid of the mites was spraying the house with Nylar. I used Martins Insect Growth Regulator (IGR).
~ This product does not kill the mites. It only keeps the young from being able to mature and reproduce. The adults and the nymphs are still living and biting for several weeks.
~ Vacuuming everything, moving all the furniture around, and spraying everywhere seemed to lower their numbers for a couple of days, so be warned: It’s very discouraging when the numbers increase again shortly thereafter.
~ Try not to despair. For me, it took four to five weeks after the initial spray to eliminate them. I sprayed twice ~ two weeks apart. I don’t know that the second spray was necessary, but the dip and then increase in their numbers panicked me.

The Shanspirations blog with their step-by-step instructions is an invaluable resource and is the place to begin. I can’t thank them enough for their loving and generous spirits. They fought wisely and tenaciously and then took the time and effort to share their knowledge with the rest of us. They have, no doubt, been an inspiration to hundreds (thousands?) of desperate seekers. I followed many of their suggestions.

A few things I didn’t do that were on the list:
~ I didn’t dust the house with Diatomaceous Earth (DE) and/or pyrethrum powder.
~ While I got rid of every bit of fabric that I could, I wasn’t able to clear all cloth out of the house. I was the only sufferer of three people living in the home. I did limit my clothing choices to clothes I had washed and bagged. The rest sat unused in closet and drawers. (I haven’t had the courage to try wearing any of those yet.)
~ I wasn’t able to vacuum everyday. Maybe the weeks till the Nylar worked would have been less trying if I had vacuumed more.
~ I didn’t wash hard surfaces with bleach, but I did spray ammonia solution everywhere.
~ For me, the Vicks VapoRub was a mistake. The sensation was horribly unpleasant - cold and burning at the same time ~ even making me feel like my skin was suffocating. And, the bugs were biting my now greasily uncomfortable skin within the hour. I had to get up and take another shower.
~ The menthol crystals worked best in my bedroom (to lessen the number of bugs, but didn’t get rid of them). The other areas of the house didn’t seem to permit the vapors to become concentrated enough to be effective. In the car they may have worked, but spraying the car down with ammonia solution with windows shut every night also seems to have gotten rid of them (now that I’ve stopped re-infecting the car everyday).
~ With too much heavy furniture in a tiny, downsized home, infusion-cleaning the carpets was too overwhelming for me to attempt. It was going to be my next effort, though, when I began to think the Nylar hadn’t worked.

It could be that change in diet and supplement taking was equally important as the Nylar in this fight. Like many others who suffer this problem, I was candida compromised before it started. We tried to investigate why I was infected while two others in my home were virtually bite-free. A pH test showed my system to be unhealthily acidic in comparison to their healthy alkaline status. There are lots of good books available on this topic. By now, you’re an expert at researching. You’ll certainly find some that seem most useful to you.

I couldn’t walk away from this unbelievable misery without offering up my success and hope for others who are still in the throes of it. My prayers and heartfelt best wishes go out to you in your battle. I am changed. I know all of us who live through this life-altering hell are. But it’s change for the better, I hope… I believe.

[I’m planning to send this to all the sites I found useful. Thank you to all of you who are reaching out to others to help in this struggle. Please excuse the duplicates.]
|

replied July 5th, 2012
I am going to do the same as te previous poster and put this on all the places where I learned how to cure the problem. You are not crazy, this is real and it's horrible. I thought I was alone. No one believed me. It was torture day and night. Way worse at night. Sleeping while things crawled on me was impossible. The thoughts of bugs everywhere was sickening. The doctor said I had anxiety and gave me Valium. Anyone who's ever felt it knows it's real. I read everything everywhere and decided it had to be microscopic mites. I launched an all out attack. I'm not sure what did the trick but it's been a blissful month of no misery. I think they are absolutely positively gone from me and my house. Here's what worked and what didn't.

Bathing in Pine Sol did not work. Pouring Rid lice killer all over myself failed. Insect repellant worked for about 15 minutes then I guess they got used to it. Bug bombs and diatamecious earth lessened the population for awhile in the house then they bounced back. Windex didn't do a thing. Then I did all of this:

Removed towels, rugs, pillows, bedding, throw pillows & blankets. Washed everything possible in scalding water & borax. Sealed nonessential items in lawn bags, baked in sun for 2 days then put in garage for 3 weeks. Vacuumed everything then replaced vacuum bag & filter. Mopped floors with bleach. Set off bed bug bombs. Put diatamecious earth under sofa cushions, on mattresses, pillows, in crevices, etc. Sealed mattresses & bed pillows in plastic covers. Washed all laundry and bedding daily. Things got much better but I could still feel some.

Then I read how some people's body chemistry attracted them. I figured if I couldn't get rid of them completely in my house I could stop being an all-you-can-eat buffet for them. so I started working on me. I added vitamin pills and ate better. I showered in hot water 2x a day and used cider vinegar instead of soap on my skin. I washed & conditioned my hair in rosemary mint shampoo (bugs hate rosemary). I ordered Mite Avenge and put it on after bathing. (It's actually a dog rinse but I was desperate.)

After 3 days of that I couldn't feel them at all. I got slack about my routine after that and started to feel them about a week later. I did the shower routine again for a few more days and that was the end of it. After almost a year. It was over.

The cleaning got them out of the house and the Mite Avenge got them out of me. You have to keep it up long enough to kill ones that hatch and keep them from reproducing.

If I go out into my garden I feel them again so I scrub with vinegar and use Mite Avenge before they can build back up.
|

replied July 11th, 2012
Don't use anything with chemicals in it...it only makes the problem worst and please don't use chemicals on your body. It will lower your immune system, and you need that to fight this. The one bug that i have found is thrips and I had to use a microscope to identify. One species bite humans and bite hard. They fly, jump, crawl and are very fast. Some have wings and some don't. They can also create fibers to protect their offspring, like a cocoon. The young look like little white flecks flying around. They lay in your clothes especially in cotton and hard to rid. I'll tell you one thing that has really helped me was the St. Ives scrub with sea kelp and mineral salts and it is organic. I bought it at Walmart. If it itchy afterwords use baby oil all over body. I've been sleeping alot better. You could also switch around and use t-sal with coal tar shampoo on hair and body and helps alot too. Putting everything in plastic bags is a must so that they cant reproduce in them. Well I hope this helps some people. Not sure if this is the same bug that is plagueing everybody but good-luck, and yu wont get much help from agricultural people because its their pesticides that probably created this problem in the first place.
|

replied September 2nd, 2012
Tee Tree Oil Relief
Four months of pest control, cleaning & vacuuming everything, steam cleaning everything, washing linens & night clothes every morning & day clothes right away at night, no sleep and all this misery only to be told by pest control through our apartment manager to go to our doctor. I discovered a lot of forums, blogs, etc on-line about mites. Yesterday I bought tee tree oil, tee tree oil shampoo & tee tree oil body wash. We showered & used a long handle shower brush to scrub the body soap all over. Then we gave each other deep tissue massages with vitamin E solution with a little bit of tee tree oil. Slept like a baby! Found a bunch of tiny white "droplets" on my skin. Don't know if eggs or what. Planning to try a more affordable oil to add the tee tree oil to when the vitamin E runs low. But we have hope. Have to shower every 4 to 5 hours when the itch returns but it's so worth it. We continue to use the alcohol in spray bottles instead of scratching and on our legs & feet before getting into bed. Need to try a solution to my car infestation. Thanks for all the advice here. We couldn't find Borax in the stores.
|

replied September 19th, 2012
Revolution on your pets, too
I bought Borax at Target on a low shelf near the laundry detergent. Cheaply priced ammonia was also close to that.

It's been over a year for me and I still have my live back, but I also still maintain a strict diet. I still have skin issues and I still feel them in very small numbers - just a small nuisance now. I didn't mention in my first post that monthly application of Revolution to the cats seems to be important in keeping the numbers down.

Hang in there, those of you who are suffering. I had the worst phase of it for around seven months. Maybe it plays itself out in a year or so...
|

replied December 9th, 2012
Possible spores or invisible biting bugs
I found this website in the event you have spores which are "invisible"

shop.biocidelabs.com

I ordered the fogger and cleaner today to see if this works.

I too was experiencing crawling and bites and stinging on the bottom of my feet and various places. When I shook my clothes out small black pepper was coming out that does not appear to move. I rinsed those down the sink. I also used lint tape when I felt something so this may have helped to some extent but my husband was getting tired of the tape sound. If you think you may have this try it. Let me know if it works.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied December 16th, 2012
warm baths not hot to release, and clean the air .check humidity ,my hair was thinning dry rashes itchiness,dry eyes .I'm now on the road to recovery and I know my hair is getting much healthier and my skin.

give thanks to our creator
|

replied December 16th, 2012
I THINK I HAVE THE CURE AND IT COSTS NOTHING!!
MORGELLONS SUFFERERS THIS IS FOR YOU TOO!!

STATIC ENERGY FROM ALL OUR ELECTRICS THAT PASSES THROUGH US ALSO.we have all become magnets to the particles in the air (mostly invisible),I think the stinging sensation is when these particles enter our pores(kinda solidify when making contact).In time our body will reject the matter.I say check your humidity levels ,you need to ground this stuff with moisture,I'm starting to relise that we need our homes(especially the bedroom)to be at optimum conditions.The static field of energy can also draw small bus in from the outside.I hope people can take this seriously and any doctors who take note please contact me to discuss. God Bless and merry christmas ,we are all family:) Sam

this post should have been first
|

replied February 26th, 2013
Invisible transparent insect bites can't kill
Just a note: try using a sleeping bag when sleeping. This seems to stop them getting out and spreading and getting in if your sheets are infected. Also sleeping bags are easy to clean an do survive 90c washing and dry very fast.
Relatively east to iron too.

Witch Hazel moisturiser with tea tree oil helps-no cure yet but it's only my second week on this having suffered these ridiculous insects for over a year.

Things that didn't work for me: cold/freezing clothes - did nothing-I think it's more to do with the fabric type maybe???

Hydrogen peroxide 9% - sprayed neat and burned-worked somewhat but no silver bullet.
Good luck
|

replied February 26th, 2013
Invisible transparent insect bites can't kill
Just a note: try using a sleeping bag when sleeping. This seems to stop them getting out and spreading and getting in if your sheets are infected. Also sleeping bags are easy to clean an do survive 90c washing and dry very fast.
Relatively east to iron too.

Witch Hazel moisturiser with tea tree oil helps-no cure yet but it's only my second week on this having suffered these ridiculous insects for over a year.

Things that didn't work for me: cold/freezing clothes - did nothing-I think it's more to do with the fabric type maybe???

Hydrogen peroxide 9% - sprayed neat and burned-worked somewhat but no silver bullet.
Good luck
|

replied April 1st, 2013
Invisible bugs! (Help)
Ive been having invisible bugs on me for almost 2 years now. Im going crazy . I can feel them crawling on me at night and when Im in my room. I wash my covers or change then everyday. I take at least 2 showers day. Now they are in my eyelashes,eyebrows and around the edge of my hair and ears. I stopped seeing my doctor because they keep doing blood test and finding nothing. I tried tea tree oil, bleach, mouth wash, lice cream. Nothing is working. I can't even sit in class without this tingling sensation on me. I dont know what to do anymore.
|

replied April 18th, 2013
Buy teatree oil on ebay. Local stores want too much for it. Get a good amount since you need to make a spray from it. Mix 10-1 alcohol to teatree. Spray yourself for instnat releif. Borax your carpets. put Diatomaceous earth in your car and home for controlling them. Wash your clothes in borax. I can tell you what we did just reply to this message and I will share.
|

replied January 21st, 2014
Would like to know what you did .....Please respond....
|

replied April 18th, 2013
Spider Mites! Doctors will think your nuts....
Our story starts in Dec 2011. We were fixing a fence under some leyland cypresses. That evening my husband broke out in huge hives. I am from SC and he is from the far north. We figured that I have been exposed to these suckers before so I didn't have an allergic reaction like him. Over the next few weeks his lips and eyes swelled up. He wasd miserable. The doctors did nothing to help, they just treat the symptoms not the cause. He had bloodwork done, steriod treatments, the whole 9 yards. FINALLY after many doctors visits my husband demanded Stromectol from the doctor, reluctantly he agreed. My husbands "hives" went from the size of your palm or larger to the size of an eraser within hours. This was the final confirmation we weren't crazy. Stromectol is what they give patients with extreme uncurable scabies, which is also a mite.
So then we are left with how to fight an invisible foe. We boraxed ALL of the carpet, then vacuumed it up an hour later. Sprayed teatree mixed with alcohol throughout the house, walls ceilings etc. This knocked them back a good bit but they still kept coming.
The following must not be copied unless you know what you are doing, Period! I am not responsible nor is this site for taking partial information and running with it. You can harm yourself or others with this technic but we were deseperate. We purchased an outdoor lawn fogger. We confirmed and reconfirmed there was no source of ignition in the home. We stripped all of the beds, opened all closets and removed our pets. We mixed 1 part teatree oil and 2 parts alcohol. We then preceeded to fog the house. We fogged excessivly, visibility reduced to 2-3 ft. Get a chemical mask so you don't breathe too much teatree. We choose this methoid because we have an infant in the house and did not wish to expose him to harsh pesticides. That night was the first night in months we slept all night and we felt like victors of a war. We smiled in our sleep I am sure. But never the less it was short lived and they came back.

What we have learned:
- Pyrethrin doesn't work we know this for a fact.
- anything ending in THRIN doesn't work
- Teatree saved my husbands sanity
- spraying down with a TTO 10-1 mix helps you sleep
- Boraxing carpets and spraying down walls w/ tto works
- Diatomaceous Earth can be spread everywhere without concerns of harsh chemicals- DE is ground seabed fossils
- Doctors do not help you
- Friends/except the true friends will think you are crazy
- Trying to ignore them doesn't work- it's not psycological
- You have to be consistant for months to win the battle
- Cedar is non toxic and helps repel them from the home.
- They will infest your cars-topical spray does nothing for your cars
- They will infest your cubicle at work and chair
- Steamers do work but for fabric couches they are deep inside requiring the fog.
- Use the lawn fogger and teatree on any bushes in your yard
- Use DE in your yard- Trim bushes that seem to be favorites of the birds
- spray cute puppies that love to run into those bushes before they come inside- we use a spray bottle with tto 10-1
- You can also use a mix of lavender oil or peppermint on your pets if you are worried they may lick too much teatree
- Perserverance pays off!! We are the ones with oposable thumbs not these suckers. We will win!!
|

replied April 18th, 2013
correction;
Steamers do not work on fabric couches
Additonal:
Treat your house and yard every 6 months to prevent reinfestation

Hang in there you can have a biting mite free home
|

replied May 3rd, 2013
Had this problem in another house that cannot be occupied because if this infestation...

- anything ending in THRIN doesn't work
True. Pest co's will offer to spray this for $$'s & run.
- Teatree saved my husbands sanity
No effect here. It seems the moisture content of any spray quietens them down temporarily ... (see windex) but does nothing towards a permanent solution.
- Boraxing carpets and spraying down walls w/ tto works
No effect with this either, again I would think it was the moisture effect mostly.
- Diatomaceous Earth
I noticed some reduction in activity with this. Must be the food grade DE though.
- Doctors do not help you
You need someone who has experienced it to be of any help. Dr's will most likely prescribe something and show you the door.
- Friends/except the true friends will think you are crazy
Best not to mention it. Unless they have personal experience of the identical pest they will think you are mad. Some people who are immune to them and have poor hygine standards are actually carriers.
- Trying to ignore them doesn't work- it's not psycological
They only affect you in infected areas so ignore claims of poor diet and suggestions of psycological disorders. These suggestions are only made by people trying to justify their existence and have never experienced the problem.
- They will infest and spread..
By hitching a ride on your clothes, body, pets and in your car. They are prolific in a lot of second hand shops so it is best to avoid them.
- spray cute puppies
Animals are victims too and will act as carriers.

Some of my findings are...
-Some people are immune.
-Infected clothes ironed with a steam iron is effective in removing them from clothing.
-A quality vacuum cleaner with fine filtering does help. Poor quality cleaners will only spread them further. We bought a Miele and do notice the difference in the air quality afterwards. Bagged cleaners are best as it helps to keep the bugs confined.

Somewhere, somehow all the people who keep giving expert opinions when they have never experienced this "bug" will give up and make way for some positive solution. So many suffer in silence.
Praying wont help.
|
12 >>