Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Effects of Not Masturbating (Page 1)

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Ok, My girlfriend found out that a masturbate lately and she thought that was weird. ( I tried to explain that it was a lot more normal for guys, and all of my friends do it too. ) We are mildly sexually active, We haven't gone ALL the way.. but pretty close, and she took that as she wasn't doing a good enough job and that she wasn't pleasing me. Ive made masturbation a habit almost every day... but I told her i would stop if it really made her that mad. But I told her what it dose to me when I don't for an extended period of time, Irritability, Change in personality, Constant boners, Etc.

I want to make sure those things are normal to happen, and to see what yall think about this.. I'm pretty sure most guys wouldn't even consider stopping doing that.. but tell me what you think. ( Effects, Stories, Problems encountered, Etc. )
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Llewellyn
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
The vast majority of people, both male and female, masturbate. We masturbate whether we are sexually active or not. We masturbate when we are single, dating, or married. There is nothing weird, abnormal, or dirty about it. In fact, if your girlfriend has a problem with masturbation, that means she is in the minority, so if anyone is weird here, it's her! Laughing

Masturbation has many health benefits. Masturbation decreases your chances of getting prostate cancer later in life and boosts your immune system. I see no reason to give up those health benefits. I think it would far more beneficial for you both to just educate her about masturbation!
|

replied July 24th, 2007
Shes not open to any ideas about this subject really.. I tried to explain more to here and she just said that i was feeding her !**@!. which really hurts, because we don't EVER cuss at each other.. and we both have made sure never to lie to one another. If we could find some facts on this subject it would be GREAT!
|

replied July 24th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
She sounds like... well, I don't think I could date someone who found masturbation odd like that.
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
It's one thing to be uneducated about things. Lots of people are uneducated about sex. We can't blame anyone for not knowing what they were not taught. However, that's awful that she doesn't even sound willing to try to learn about this stuff!

Well, here is some information if you think she would be open to reading it:

"Many couples masturbate mutually, or just enjoy masturbating alone...

Masturbation can help relieve stress and...Help for insomnia (i.e. when a person is having trouble falling asleep), Stimulate the immune system to help build up resistance to common infections, Release mood elevating hormones, Reduce embarrassing spontaneous erections for teen males, Reduce the number of unwanted wet dreams for young men"
http://www.sex-ed101.org/articles/sexual_h ealth/masturbation.html

"But the latest research has even better news for young men: frequent self-pleasuring could protect against the most common kind of cancer."
http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id= dn3942
|

replied July 24th, 2007
were not of age by any means (14) , but ive got her to do it to herself on one occasion, ( truth or dare ), and she didn't really like it. And she has emotions when i finger her.. Ive asked her about it.. she just acts like it has NO feeling.. but she said it doesn't hurt. The only thing that shes EVER told me felt good, was when we were rimming with her underwear on.
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Eiri wrote:
She sounds like... well, I don't think I could date someone who found masturbation odd like that.

Same here.
|

replied July 24th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I think both of you are too young to be worrying about a sex life or a future together... Go find a girl who touches herself lol.
|

replied July 24th, 2007
meh, were alot closer then that. Shes chosen me over her father. ( Her parents are divorced ) She moved in with her dad and one day he told her to break up with me or hes throwing her to the curb.. and she got a few trash bags, got what she could get, and walked out the door.
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Eiri wrote:
I think both of you are too young to be worrying about a sex life or a future together... Go find a girl who touches herself lol.

Laughing

14 is pretty young to be doing all of this sexual stuff. You sound educated, and you type well though, so I thought you were older. Smile Good for you.

Age might explain why your girlfriend isn't very educated about this stuff yet then. A lot of young girls are kind of clueless about masturbation since masturbation just isn't quite as obvious for us as it is for boys. Laughing
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
jixz wrote:
meh, were alot closer then that. Shes chosen me over her father. ( Her parents are divorced ) She moved in with her dad and one day he told her to break up with me or hes throwing her to the curb.. and she got a few trash bags, got what she could get, and walked out the door.

So where is she staying now?
|

replied July 24th, 2007
Hehe, thank you. I'm sort of a nerdish guy.. Spend countless hours on the computer. I guess you get good at typing after a while.

Shes staying with her Mom and Step Dad now, shes still distraught about it.. But shes safe and surrounded by loved ones.

I do realize masturbation is not as natural in girls especially at my age, but I would still think that she would be open to listen about it.. she completely shuts me out when I try to explain to her how I feel about it. She just assumes that its because she isn't pleasing me. I told her I would stop even though it's hard on me and causes me to become irritable but she thinks thats not true. That link you gave will probably help a little.. maybe if its not just from me she will listen to a certain extent.
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
That's good that she is somewhere safe then.

Let us know if she is not convinced by those links and wants more evidence. I am sure we could find some more for you if you want. You can probably find some too if you google "masturbation" or "masturbation benefits."
|

replied July 24th, 2007
If you have some time on your hands, any help i could get would be great.. but ill look into some more links.

And last night was my first night to try to stop.. I had a hard time staying asleep.. i would wake up VERY aroused and wanting to have fun with myself.. But I'm trying very hard to respect her wishes.
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
"...His studies revealed that approximately 95% of males and 60% of females had masturbated.

The National Health and Social Life Survey and other research conducted confirm between 48-95% of people masturbate.

Regardless of cultural attitudes and values, masturbation has been found in all societies.

There are no harmful side effects of masturbation. Medical science has debunked many myths formally associated with masturbation, such as hair growing on the palms, insanity, or that masturbation will drain excessive energy from the body.

The American medical community pronounced masturbation as normal in the 1972 publication Human Sexuality."
http://www.mckinley.uiuc.edu/Handouts/mast urbation.html

"Masturbation. Most people do it — yet so many people worry about doing it! That's because there are a lot of myths out there that masturbation is dirty, dangerous, or something to be embarrassed about doing. But the truth is, masturbation is safe and healthy, and it's here to stay. People of all ages do it. Guys do it, and girls do it too. Single people and people in relationships do it. Some people do it a few times a day, and some do it a few times a year...."
http://www.teenwire.com/infocus/2004/if-20 041109p332-masturbation.php
|

replied October 5th, 2009
Your girlfriend is WAY too young and innocent to be being put in these situations. Isn't it obvious to you that if she is finding VERY little physical pleasure in the things you're doing to her, she is doing it to please you, and this is the wrong reason!! She will discover masturbation and many other sexual experiences over the next ten years. I think teenage boys very often accidentally pressure teenage girls into doing things they aren't truly comfortable with. Your girlfriend is in a very vulnerable position with having fallen out with her father over your relationship. Can you be absolutely sure she would be comfortable saying she didn't want any sexual activity with you, safe in the knwledge that you wouldn't walk away? Girls and young women are often much, much more insecure and vulnerable than they appear. Be careful with her emotions. She is not much more than a child and doesn't seem AT ALL ready for the type of intimacy that you have.
|

replied October 5th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
bmcc1981 wrote:
I think teenage boys very often accidentally pressure teenage girls into doing things they aren't truly comfortable with.

I think teenage boys are under no less pressure to be sexual than teenage girls. I believe it is the self-same pressure children have felt since the dawn of man and a part of our growing pains in the human experience. I feel that saying that teenage girls are too vulnerable to engage in sexual activity at 14 is a tremendous disservice to the emotional maturity and mental capactiy of young girls.
|

replied October 23rd, 2011
I quit and now I have a constant rash on my hands and bumps and splotches on my skin. Is that normal? Im scared
|

replied February 25th, 2012
Is there any chance that not masturbating for a long period of time could result in having moderate ED? Moderate as in, slow to rise to the occasion, inability to remain rigid, but not becoming completely flaccid either.
|

replied February 25th, 2012
I have heard that masterbating too often can cause you to have difficulties ejaculating during sex, is it true?
|
12 >>