Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

How Do I Start?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Hi,
I am sixteen and right now I am still a virgin! I have been with my boyfriend for two years and I want to move to take the next step. I want to start having sex with him, but I have alot of plains for my future and right now a baby is not one of them. And I dont know exactly to go about getting birth control! Because there is no what im telling my mom!
If anyone can help! thanks! Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Make an appointment with Family Planning or Planned Parenthood. You can search for a Planned Parenthood near you at www.plannedparenthood.org. They will explain all of your birth control options and give you whatever method you do end up choosing.
|

replied July 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
if you have planned parenthood then they are great for b/c
they are also confidential
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
You could also pull the "I want to make my periods easier" or "I want a b/c pill for my acne" or "I want to be able to control when my periods come" excuse for your parents. If they are smart, they will listen and not ask questions. Plus, most pills really do most of these things, so it's not really a lie.

If you don't want to do that, planned parenthood is confidential and they charge on a sliding scale so if you have no money you won't have to pay much. And once you start having sex, you should be getting an annual exam from a gyno. At your annual they also usually prescribe birth control if you need more. They do this at planned parenthood too.
|