Just wanted to offer a suggestion that's working for me. We had a young family member (35) diagnosed with high blood pressure and a pre-stroke infarct. He was scared into this diet...but after seeing the results, my husband and I decided to join him on it. He lost weight in 3 weeks, had healthier skin and high blood pressure DROPPED! The whole concept is to go easy on your colon. After 2 weeks, I'm going strong. Comes highly recommended:
EVERY DAY for BREAKFAST:
1. The juice of one lemon or orange, mixed with 300 ml water. add 1 tablespoon of flax oil.
2. 10-15 raw almonds
3. A glass of soy milk
4. 2 apples
RULES (organic foods are ideal):
1. Don't drink water for 2 hours after lunch or dinner, and 15 minutes before meals
2. Eat only fruits until lunch. Aim for 2 kg of fruit (the fibre works to clean the colon).
3. Snack on handfuls of nuts and seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, peanuts, almond, etc.)
4. Drink a minimum of 2 litres of water before lunch
5. No fruit after lunch
6. Lunch should begin around 2-3PM (difficult for the first few days...but it gets easier to wait as your body adjusts to the portions)
7. Eat a salad 1.5 to 2 hours after lunch (or with lunch)
8. Eat a salad 30 minutes before sleep
9. Use only flax or olive oil and apple vinegar for salads
10. Reduce salt
11. Don't let more than an hour go by without eating something
12. No meat, no cheese, no bread, no rice, no potatoes
13. Maximum 2 cups of coffee a day
* Eat as much as you like!
* Eat salad with lunch
* Eat same types of food in a 3 day series
* On the 4th & 5th days, you can eat fish
* Only cook food in the oven (no frying)
- Green peas
- Green beans
* Portions = 1/2 lunch
* OR Lots of salad
* OR Clear vegetable based soup
Thank you I found this article very helpful, I am a little scared I just found out that I may be in the first stages of high blood pressure, my problem is I smoke and drink coffe, too much also a saltaholic, time to make some changes, thank you for the article I will do my best to follow it.