Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > First Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Morning Sickness At Night (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi,

I am new to the forum. I just found out that I am pregnant last week and it's my first pregnancy. I'm going into week 6. Up till this weekend I've been feeling pretty good but now all of a sudden I'm very sensitive to food smells (and many other smells!) and I've had such bad nausea and throwing up at night that it actually keeps me up for a few hours. Has anyone had that happen to them at night? Right now I feel like I can only handle eating fruit and dry bread or pasta. I realize this is probably normal but I am worried about losing too much weight and not getting the right nutrition. I would appreciate any suggestions or comments.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper izzysue
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
As long as you are keeping some things down you should be okay. Since you are only throwing up at night at least you're keeping food down during the day. If it gets to be to much, call your doctor and they can prescribe you zofran or phenergen.
|

replied August 17th, 2007
Hey.
oh my god I just had my first child in march a baby girl Isabella. I was so sick I cried everyday I couldn't even get off the coach. I throw up all different times. Morning, night afternoon. I feel so bad for you. Let me just say this it's worth it. try cracker and gingerale it helps a little. I wish you luck with the baby and you hopefully the sickness won't last long.
Melissa
|

User Profile
replied September 9th, 2007
Experienced User
Yep, the only time I seem to get sick is at night. I'm like 7 weeks along and also worred about not getting the right nutrition. It's such a pain trying to sleep when I feel so sick I wanna cry. I feel your pain Sad
|

replied January 11th, 2008
Experienced User
im not positive if im pregnant yet i keep get symptoms but i start feeling sick at night time also. i am now 19 days late on my period.
|

User Profile
replied January 14th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I am also on my 7th week. I am feeling sooo nausous too. I read that by week 10 the morning sickness goes away because the placenta takes over the hormones. So we only have a few more weeks of suffering ladies. I havent really been able to help my symptoms either. I just try to deal with it. But the phenergen really helps out a lot with the nausia.
|

replied February 29th, 2008
Experienced User
at how many weeks do the symptons start? if they end at 10 weeks?
|

replied December 19th, 2012
At about week 6 or 7.
|

replied July 1st, 2009
i am only about four weeks pregnant.. i cant even eat food that i love and everynight i get so sick that sometimes i end up sleeping by the toilet.!! its soo painful i have constant headaches that last 3 and four hours.. im ready for this to be over already.!! any suggestions as to what i should do about the headaches and the "Night Sickness".??
|

replied May 9th, 2012
Hi fellow sufferers x x
This is to all ladies suffering as I am !! Try the travel sickness bands !! I find them a great help also my midwife told me to eat little and often and try to drink as much water as you can ( no one wants to go into hospital on a drip through dyhidration !!!!!!) I'm also 7 weeks gone and yes I still suffer with throwing up but the bands have helped a lot !! . congrats to all ladies !!!! Baby dust to you xxxx :-@
|

replied July 4th, 2009
morning sickness at night
I am 8 weeks pregnant and am up all night. So far, the only thing that seems to help has been cutting up a small amount of fresh ginger and letting it sit in a cup of hot water for a few minutes and then drinking it. Add a little sugar if you need to. Other than that, try peanut butter on bread or crackers.
This is my second pregnancy. The first time I had the same problem. It lasted until about my sixth month! After that it started to get a little bit better, but I was still throwing up each morning. I am hoping this pregnancy is different.
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2009
I used acupressure bands to ease morning sickness symptoms... they actually erased all my nausea.
|

replied September 8th, 2009
7 weeks pregnant and worried
Yah im 7 weeks pregnant and feel i get nausea at anytime throughout the day particularly after 7 in the evening and then by 11 im so nauseous that i need to go to bed??

Also slight cramping in the pelvic area nothing bothersome and no bleeding..had a scan yesterday and everything is fine heartbeat and all..but ive had two previous misscarraiges with my ex partner 3 years ago so im nervous..is this normal??
|

replied September 29th, 2009
morning sickness
I am four weeks pregnant and have been suffering all day and in the middle of the night sickness but I have found that eating little every two hours really helps and when I wake in the night i have a banana and a rice cake then it goes away and after some time I get back to sleep. I am also taking ginger root tables, ginger tea and also Charcoal is really good for heart burn, sickness and nausea. Eating really is the best thing for this but not too much and not too rich food. I eat porride before bed it helps keep the tummy busy as it seems when it is really empty is when I feel most sick.
|

replied September 30th, 2009
Thank four your advise Pinkme.. I'm 4 weeks pregnant aswell, I've been experiencing the sore breast for over 2 weeks now, it's so painfull that I can only lay on my back (and I'm a small breast!). Nausea started 2 days ago , at night first, preventing me to sleep, and this morning I still feel nauseous and can only drink water.. I can also feel small cramps, but nothing major. I hope it will stop very soon! I love my child already but please!
|

replied October 16th, 2009
Morning Sickness At Night
i dont know if i am pregnant. but i have been feeling very nautios at night and very light cramps, but how many weeks do you have to be before you start feeling nautious?....also what are other signs of being pregnant?
|

replied October 22nd, 2009
I would suggest not always believing what everyone says however. Though there is some great advice being given, it really varies from person to person. I am 26 weeks pregnant now and never had any type of symptoms until about week 24. Now I am constantly nausiated all throughout the night! It's only seeming to get better into the wee hours of the morning, which sucks seeing as how I am a full time college student with morning classes...So long story short, though most women's nausea cease after week 10 or so, it really will vary depending on your specific body.
|

replied October 25th, 2009
My first pregnancy I always got sick at night. Didnt even know I was pregnant yet. I discovered propping yourself up and sipping on some milk helps a little. My doctor ended up giving me phenergan after I found out I was pregnant, that way I wasnt up and down all night chugging milk. I went to the hospital at one point, again, didnt know I was pregnant yet, and they told me it was just gastreoentinitis....bullcrap. I think I might be pregnant again, throwing up solely at night, went to the er again, the think its gastreoentinitis, go figure, and lo and behold, milk and propping myself up, works wonders. Eating light during the day helps too. Love them Ramen Noodles.
|

replied February 5th, 2012
Around 5 the other day well 2 days ago I ate some lasagna I went to bed around 8 and at 11 i woke up with sweat rolling down my face and it felt as if i had been on a rollercoaster I yelled at my husband get the trash and that moment threw up everything, my husband was eating and was upset a little lol but he fixed me some water and in less than 10 minutes i was over the toilet! everytime i lay down i get nauseated my husband told me to sit up and drink hot sprite Surprised
|

replied November 7th, 2009
Thanks for the tips
I am starting to think that I am pregnant because my what i thought was my period only lasted 2 days and had barely any cramps and very light bleeding and now I have been feeling sick at night for the past 4 nights and have been sleeping atleast 12 to even 13 hours at a shot. Then I feel tired like as if ive been up 36 hours but in reality its only been 8 hours but the nightly nauseau keeps me up. but i will try some tips provided from this page,thanks for the help. Hope it works Smile
|

replied June 12th, 2011
i think im pregnant to
i think that im pregnant to its only been 14 days since my 2 day period and my nipples hurt so bad. my uterus has been feeling weird. i took 2 home tests and they were both negative. any advise?
|

replied June 28th, 2012
Answer
Im 7 weeks pregnant I took a pregnancy test at home in it was negative. My advise to you is to go to hospital and get a blood test and you will be able to tell you by your hcg
Level..but if it makes you feel better my first pregnancy I can on my cycle for a couple days and I was pregnant with my son, and nipple soreness is one of the first signs. Good luck boo! If you are congrats in advice
|

replied November 26th, 2009
I am 8 weeks pregnant and I've been getting sick every night for the past 2 weeks. I end throwing up my dinner and my prenatal vitamins. From the beginning, I have always taken my vitamins at night because it helped me sleep well. I can't take my vitamins in the morning or during the day because it caused fatigue and nausea and I work full-time. I haven't noticed any weight changes but I end up waking up hungry and having to eat something at 3 in the morning.
|

User Profile
replied December 11th, 2009
i am 10 weeks pregnant and like all my other pregnancies this is the same. morning sickness started around 6 to 7 weeks. i am sick every morning, feel sick all day everyday and occasionaly sick at night. i have had 4 girls and 1 boy and the sickness has been the same for all. i found that nothing helped! (i even tried sea bands!) in the end just ate smaller meals especially with the twins. little and often with a balanced diet. like another lady said, it all depends on the specific body, everyone is different.
|

replied February 8th, 2010
Morning Sickness - Natural rememdies
Hi
I suffered morning sickness without my whole pregnancy! Day and night and know how awful it is, you cant do anything. Nothing seemed to help, I tried the ginger stuff, sour things, sipping water etc etc. When a friend told me about acupuncture, this can be expensive as you need to go back many time. I came across this acupressure technique that helps
|