Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Tuberculosis Forum

What Organs Does Tuberculosis Effect ?

what organs does tuberculosis effect ? I know that most commonly the lungs are affected by the Tuberculosis , but I was wondering if Tuberculosis can effect some other organs ?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper zonazamfirova
|

replied August 21st, 2007
Re: What Organs Does Tuberculosis Effect ?
zonazamfirova wrote:
what organs does tuberculosis effect ? I know that most commonly the lungs are affected by the Tuberculosis , but I was wondering if Tuberculosis can effect some other organs ?
|

replied October 1st, 2007
Tb
Most commonly the lungs but will spread to other organs if not treated
|

replied February 5th, 2009
TB
TB can affect nearly any place in the human body.
|

replied February 14th, 2010
ORGANS AFFECTED IN TUBERCULOSIS
Lining of the brain and spinal cord (meninges)
Eye
Cervical lymph nodes
Larynx (voice box)
Bronchus
Lining of the heart (pericardium)
Lining of the abdominal cavity (peritoneum)
Small bowel
Stomach
Organs of the male or female urinary and reproductive systems
Skin
Bones and joints
|

replied May 11th, 2010
what are the organs affected by tuberculosis?
The most affected organ is lungs but based on my studies the other organ that can be affected are kidneys or the spine.
|

replied May 27th, 2010
Hi there!!

I had tb pericarditis in 1979 when I was 19 and it was devastating. I was in hospital for 5 weeks and off work for 5 months and on treatment for a year. I was in hospital for 2 weeks and desperately ill before my doctors decided to treat me for tuberculosis. Luckily I responded quite well and managed to get better without too much damage being done. I do remember being down to 6 stone 10 when I should have been around 9.4 stone. At worst I couldn't even get out my bed far less walk and didn't want to eat anything, I even very nearly got religiion. I escaped with a little scarring and pleural thickening but this doesn't stop me doing what I want to do, I even managed to give up smoking at that time. If I had a BCG when I was at school instead of skipping school that day I might not have had any problem.

best regards
sweetcub
|

replied April 3rd, 2011
my baby age two is having a cough for 3 weeks now and besides she also experience symptoms like conjunctivitis wich disappear during day time for a week now i used fucithalmic eye ointment but still it doesn't work. my baby have at present nanny positive for mantoux test wich was very positive the result looks like big nodules and became a wound for almost a month and now she begin spitting blood especially during morning. could any body help me pls i am very depress and worry for my baby.tnx
|

replied June 16th, 2011
Go to your child's PCM/PCP or ER (if you don't have PCM/PCP). Nothing can be determined without performing tests and lab work. For you baby's sake I would hope this is common sense to you.
|
Quick Reply