Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Fibromyalgia Forum

Fibromyalgia Numb Fingers

Must Read
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the body. Learn the basic facts about fibromylagia and how doctors define this syndrome here....
Are people diagnosed with fibromyalgia born with a lower tolerance for pain? Are you at more or less risk of fibromyalgia? More info and causes and risk here....
Symptoms of fibromyalgia can be mistaken for other conditions. Can you identify common signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia?...
Is numbness in the fingers a symptom of fibromyalgia ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 22nd, 2007
Numbness
This was posted a few months ago but are you talking about your fingers going white and numb? Toes also? I get that and I have fibro.. it is called Raynauds syndrome. It is not a symptom of fibro.. it is a separate problem and it can be in conjunction with other illnesses or a stand alone syndrome.

Changes in Skin Colour and Sensation

Once the attack begins, a person may experience three phases of skin colour changes (white, blue, and red) in the fingers or toes. The order of the changes of colour is not the same for all people, and not everyone has all three colors. Pallor (whiteness) may occur in response to spasm of the arterioles and the resulting collapse of the digital arteries. Cyanosis (blueness) may appear because the fingers or toes are not getting enough oxygen-rich blood. The fingers or toes may also feel cold and numb. Finally, as the arterioles dilate (relax) and blood returns to the digits, rubor (redness) may occur. As the attack ends, throbbing and tingling may occur in the fingers and toes. An attack can last from less than a minute to several hours.
|

replied November 6th, 2007
Um
my doc says i dont have raynauds but i do have fibro, but i have numb fingers....and a slight color change but my fingers have been numb for months now and some slight weakness in the hand...i also have low iron(which he says aint the prob) and maybe he thinks its a vitamin d prob! and wants to give me 50,000 iu's of vitamin d in one day (enough to od you) i dont wanna do that! i have an apt for a neurologist...but i dont think thats it

any ideas?
|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
its a possibility you should try taking vitamin d it wont hurt you.
|

replied December 28th, 2007
Defnitely a Sign of Fibro
Yip, I have it too. Don't waste your money on othe tests. I'ts defnitely a sign of fibro. Sometimes it goes into my arms as well. Do you have pain when you press on your finger joints? Mine is terribly sore!
|

replied August 31st, 2012
I have fibro too. And at first I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. Now I wake with very stiff fingers and the last days tingling and numb. Low iron is a sympton of RA and I have that too and am on iron supplements along with a million other meds for fibro and sjogrens syndrome. Now I don't know whether the RA diagnosis was correct of if this tingly is just fibro?? It's driving me crazy and I am an artist and use my hands alot everyday. Grrr
|
Quick Reply