Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Itchy Vagina After Shaving? (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
hey guys. was wondering how you can help me get rid of this itching and swelling that i keep getting from after shaving my vagina? i know its from the hair growing back and rubbing against the skin but is there anything i can do to reduce the itching?? thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper down123
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
umm..
i put gel deodorant on my area after i shave
it seems to keep down the razor burn...
|

replied July 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
but this is a few days after i have shaved, not the day of :S. you know when the hair starts to grow back out? i also have larger labia minoras too so maybe that has something to do with it?
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
I've had my legs and bikini area waxed a few times, and each time the aesthetician has told me to make sure I exfoliated any area that was waxed, otherwise ingrown hairs were a possibility (which itch terribly).

I'm sure that similar issues can occur with shaving, so try a good loofah sponge and some kind of exfoliating body wash (something with the scrubbing beads) and see if that helps during that time.

Good luck!
|

replied July 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I get this too and I have small labia; so that's got nothing to do with it. I have found that lotion helps (yes, even several days later). Another tip is to just shave again when it gets itchy.
|

replied July 22nd, 2007
About all you can do is shave again. You could try Vagisil to keep the histamines from flaring up, but it's not likely to help much.
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2007
Supporter
when i shave there i use witch hazel its great trust me
|

replied July 29th, 2007
Experienced User
I've found that shaving again after they first begin to grow again, when it gets itchy, seams to increase the chance of getting ingrown hairs on by body. I just let them grow out a bit; that way it doesn't itch as much as it would if I continually shaved.
|

replied July 29th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
your vagina is inside you so you wouldn't be shaving that. if you mean your labia are itchy from razor burn you can try tea tree oil after you shave.
|
Users who thank kaerbear for this post: dlbrantley040908 

replied July 30th, 2007
Experienced User
Hahahahah. Yeah, I meant labia. Man it'd be nuts to.. yeah. Oops.
|

replied March 11th, 2009
I would definitely NOT suggest using tea tree oil on one's labia. Tea tree oil is a very potent essential oil, and while although it can work miracles on one's scalp or feet, it can cause severe burning and irritation when used on such sensitive areas. If you use tea tree oil on your labia, it's bound to make its way inside you...and you'll be sorry. Try something else.
|

User Profile
replied May 24th, 2009
i just heard of this remedy...using baby 'diaper rash' cream down there. like if it can take a diaper rash away...wouldnt we be able to use it!?!?!
idk about you guys, but im giving it a try!! Smile
|

replied July 29th, 2009
TEA TREE OIL- God's Gift To Women
If you have razor burn, you might try using a shaver/trimmer for bekiny line. Only just use the trimmer bare, there is no itching at all, and yes you can still feel the hair but at least it's cut down to were you can't see it. Also, tea tree oil on a cotton swab works for razor bumps. Also, if you get a yeist infection / bacterial vaginosis a lot, put tea tree oil 4 drops on a que tip and insert all in there. Tea Tree oil is anti-fungal. It's from a tree, all natural, and won't hurt you. Trust me I do it all the time. I have recurring yeist infections due to after sex. I HAVE to do that it totally works ladies. It feels great and were a panty liner to bed when you wake up you'll get a nice surprise! Tell me if you were daring enough to try it! Do research if you want, but try it once and you will be glad I told you.
|

replied July 29th, 2009
Also, if that doesn't work. Douce with two drops of tea tree oil in 2 cups of water solution. Rinse three or four times after that with water. Get's rid of yeist infections like you would NOT believe.
|

replied July 29th, 2009
Hi everyone, I shave my wife, and straight, after use plain old ordinary skin repair, works all the time and can be used for the regrowth period as well. Be a little bit liberal with the skin repair and all itch will go away. Works on blokes too. Cheers Remus1234
|

replied January 7th, 2010
I shave my wife's vagina all of the time. The trick to make it not itch is baby powder. Believe it or not but this works !
|

replied January 7th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
Wash the area with cold water and a mild soap prior to shaving to help contract the pores so they won't get clogged with scraped skin cells. A few hours afterwards thoroughly clean the shaved area with an antibacterial soap to lesson the damage done to your someone tender skin with the razor. Avoid over moisturizing the skin in that area while keeping it shaved as it can cause dryless or desication of the skin.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied March 27th, 2011
Not very convincing since you can't spell...
|

replied October 12th, 2011
lol true ...spelling
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied February 7th, 2010
i find it hard to believe that a doctor would spell the word "doctor" wrong.
but idk..maybe those methods could work, but im not buying the whole doctor thing.

oh & my sister bought this stuff to prevent razor burns from a "Passion Party" Its like in a spray bottle and that seems to work for me. Just use it right after you shave. and im sure theres a website for the passion part thing if you really want the product..but you might end up having to like host a party or something. idk
good luck.
|
12 >>