Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Injury to Groin - Lymph Nodes Still Swollen ?

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
I crashed on my mountain bike with my pelvis/groin taking the full impact on the end of my handlebars. I had a huge bruise/swelling that covered the whole front of my pelvis area (like wearing underwear, it was the whole area it covers in the front).

The bruising went away very quickly for a bruise but a rock-hard length-of-a-thumb-sized bit of swelling remains. All the other swelling has receded, so this little hot-dog of swelling is very prominent. It is just to the inside of the crease between my thigh and my pelvis. I am pretty concerned about it b/c it's been a week, and everything else has gone away except for this. I think my lymph nodes got overloaded and there's a traffic jam in there or something. Is there a way for me to flush them out? I haven't iced at all, and it kinda hurts to massage it.

The only other thing I can think of that it is is when your muscle takes a hard hit and ends up building calcium deposits at the point of impact. But that is for more repetitious injuries, right?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank watergirl for this post: RHCP214 

replied July 7th, 2008
injury to groin area
I have just read that you had sustained this injury to your groin area caused by the handlebars when you fell off your bike. The exact same thing happened to me last week and I too am left with a large lump like a hot dog in the same area, after a week,like you, most of the swelling and bruising had gone and I was left with this slightly painful hard lump. Can you tell me how you are now and did the lump go away in time. Like you I am worried that this thing is abnormal and I have an appointment to see the doctor today.
Please let me know how you recovered (if you recovered!) and what treatment you used to achieve this.

moondancer
|

replied January 30th, 2012
I just had the same injury, also on my mountain bike. It been just over a week and I have the same hot dog size swelling on my right side just above the crease of the leg. I'm really worried specially because almost as soon as the accident happened that area became numb. If anyone has had this injury, please help. Is the swelling normal, will it go over on its own or do I need to see a doctor?
|

replied January 30th, 2012
I just had the same injury, also on my mountain bike. It been just over a week and I have the same hot dog size swelling on my right side just above the crease of the leg. I'm really worried specially because almost as soon as the accident happened that area became numb. If anyone has had this injury, please help. Is the swelling normal, will it go over on its own or do I need to see a doctor?
|

replied March 7th, 2012
l
I had the same injury a few years back. I still seem to have a swollen lymph node in the groin years later. Can anyone report on what they fount out?
|