Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

bump in anal area

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
So I was just kinda dabbling on the web trying to maybe diagnose myself with something when I saw this site, and it seems like some of you have some Background in the "stool" area.
So I don't really know what to think.
About a year ago I noticed like a "bump" of sorts in my anal area(kinda inside the hole). I don't really think its gotten much bigger, but it hasn't gone away either. I also have bleeding pretty frequently with my stools. Sometimes I won't even pass a stool and there will be rectal bleeding, but that doesn't happen that often. What does happen often however is these extremely mucousy stools, or i'll have like an extreme urge to use the restroom only to pass mucous, which happens pretty frequently as well. I suppose thats been happening for like 3-4 months. I'm a little worried about it but I'm really afraid/embarassed to go see a doc about it cuz im 21 so I feel like I'm too young or something. I feel like if it were something serious I'd probably bei n a lot more pain, as I'm only in a little now. I just really don't know what to make of these symptoms, or if they really do warrant a doc visit. I guess the bump has me the most concerned though--its been there a while. I guess let me know what you all think.
Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|