Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

a constant spacey , tingly almost dizzy feeling in my head (Page 1)

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Hey everyone....

Ive suffered form panick attacks now for approx 6 years and felt that I had control of them for most part of the last 3 years but recently ive started having them again frequently after a long period of stress. The thing is this time I have a constant spacey, tingly almost dizzy feeling in my head and I sometimes find it hard to focus.

Has anyone had this before or have a clue what it is?.....When I get it it makes me all axious and brings on an attack!....

Its really effecting my life and I now feel that ive lost control again...

thnaks in advance for any help offered

K x
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper skrinkladoo
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2007
I'm sorry this is happening to you Sad I get the same feeling. It starts as just that "out of body" feeling. Like you're there but you aren't really "all there"... then I feel almost light headed and dizzy. Usually I just try to sit down and breathe. Concentrate on one thought and realize it's all in your head. Usually for me it goes away in 10 minutes. Which isn't really awesome but at least it goes away. That "out of body" sensation is common in anxiety attacks, as my doctor said.
|
Users who thank agent10ve for this post: Alisia53 

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2007
Community Volunteer
True, and if you want to read up on it it's techincally called depersonalization or derealization. Interesting stuff. However, again, I must ask if you were tested for any physical problems?
|

replied July 30th, 2007
Stan Stepanic wrote:
True, and if you want to read up on it it's techincally called depersonalization or derealization. Interesting stuff. However, again, I must ask if you were tested for any physical problems?

yes been tested for all sorts... and I know when thinking rationally that its anxiety and panic disorder but at the time its life threatening and soul destroying! Sad

Thanks so much for your replies

K x
|

replied August 11th, 2007
I get that feeling too... I have not had a panic attack in about 2 weeks, but keep on getting the dizzy feeling and get pressure in the right side of my head. I have seen several doctors and they say its anxiety. I know that's what it is, but it just blows me away that stress can cause so many problems! I just want to feel completely normal again! I guess it's just something you have to work on... I will keep reading my books about handling anxiety and will just try to relax.
|

replied February 9th, 2009
has anyone tried Threelac
I've been reading up on this stuff called threelac that gets rid of the yeast overgrowth in the instestine. Check out candidafree.net. I took the quiz thing and tested off the charts for this kind of stuff. Oh and I feel the same way you guys feel.
|

replied March 18th, 2009
spacey feeling reply
hey...I have had anxiety on and off for years and I rarely panic anymore, but have that head feeling too, my blood tests are all normal but I just feel odd in my head, spacey, like I will lose my balance but I don't, like if I turn my head quickly it takes me a while to catch up to where I am (make sense?)...very uncomfortable...what can you do about it? Has anything worked that you have tried...I meditate often and it helps, but then the feeling returns...
|

replied April 30th, 2009
sort of the same
my head has more of a buzzy feeling. I am not really that dizzy, but almost "hear" a buzzing sound. they have been more frequent now that my anxiety level is up. is this anything you have experienced?
|

replied October 20th, 2009
Spacy headed feeling all the time
Has anyone ever had this spacey headed feeling almost constantly, it's pretty much always with me. Sometimes less sometimes more. I would appriciate any info.
|

replied October 20th, 2009
Ok so I have anxiety/panick attacks and depression. But about a year ago I was diagnosed with Idiopathic Hypersomnia. To this day I can't really tell which illness is playing a role on the extreme spacey, dizzy, and slow reactions I feel. I used to have anxiety and panic attacks all the time. Haven't had any in a while, but everyday I have this spacey everything seems far away I feel like I am always in a dream. I react very slowly my head gets all foggy and I can't focus or concentrate. My memory is horrible. A lot of that has to do with my sleep disorder. I don't have any insurance at this time and therefore have no medication for my sleep disorder. I always advise people to not always just think it's one condition it could be something else too. That's what I thought and that's what got me to my sleep disorder diagnosis. But I do have other medical problems. It all starts with one thing and other things start coming up.
|

replied October 21st, 2009
Cali, That happened to me too. When I started to get the spacey feeling, I did not have any more panic attacks or chest pain, So weird, I know I must have something else, it's more than just anxiety. I feel for you not having insurance, I don't either and have been freaking out not being able to afford a diagnosis since march. I am getting insurance this December and plan to see a good doctor.
|

replied October 29th, 2009
Well, I wish you lots of luck and make sure to do a sleep study too. Let me know what happens. I hope to have insurance sometime in the beginning of next year.
|

replied November 3rd, 2009
I have the same problem. I remember having it on and off as a kid. Not knowing what it was is the worst thing as it makes you so anxious just thinking what it could be. Since I was diagnosed it has been alot better. I think because I know its not something like a brain tumour!!! I would never have thought I was anxious but now looking back in my life at times where it was really bad it definately was related to stress. Last time I had it it was a full 3 weeks of this distant, In a dream feeling. I could not even look after my baby. I hope you get better soon.
|

replied November 15th, 2009
My life was turned upside down last November (1 year). The panic attacks started around January and have snowballed to being an every day occurance. Especially when I have to commute to my job I have now (since January) in NYC, which of course adds to my stress. It is so frightening and debilitating that I almost lose hope. Every I start my work day I get up, start to feel my heart rate increase, palms sweat. Light up the first smoke. Self medication begins. If it's really bad I'll have to have a drink or two. Dizzyness that makes me feel like I'll fall down. Mind racing and panicking . Finally went to a shrink and he gave me Lexapro. Bad. First dose and I had to call in sick to work. The side effects were so bad I couldn't leave my apartment. I've since asked for a low dose Valium. Hoping this will work better.
|

replied December 26th, 2009
can i just say i have read all posts and i have the exact feeling, i get a sudden rush of anxiety thro my head if that makes sence my eyes go funny and am terrified il go into a siezure or somet, its so scary but the fact that its anxiety and not a tunour or anything is reasuring, people keep telling me am gonna get better and will b jst a bad memory this time nxt yr but honestly dnt think am strong enought o get thro this!!!
|

replied December 27th, 2009
That's what I always felt that I would never get through it. I think my sleep disorder affects me more. I have to drink 4 to 5 cups of coffee a day in order to function. But, I'm working and I am also a single mother. So it can be done. It just might be very hard for a long time. Keep your head up cause you are not alone in this.
|

replied December 29th, 2009
anxiety amd panic attacks have to be THE WORST thing on this earth. your mind takes over your body before you even have a chance to control it. i'm only 18 years old and i've dealt with it for years. over the summer it was so bad that i felt like i didnt even really know anyone, but i did..idk i cant really explain it, its like an outer body experience. i would wake up from a dead sleep and have a panic attack and break out in cold sweats..my body would go numb and i just felt..crazy! like i ws literally losing my mind. i didnt want to go anywhere and i felt sick and nauseated all the time. i lost so much weight. the medicine helped, but God truly saved me from this. i never lost faith in him and i prayed to him that he would heal me of that sickness every night. when you lose faith in yourself and everything else, remember to always have faith in God! he never leaves your side. =]
|

replied January 22nd, 2010
Panicking/Numb Body/Stress/Anxiety??
I have been having the constant spaced out dizzy and numb body for about 3 weeks now, it comes a dgoes but the chest pain is always there. earlier i felt what felt like a baby kick me inside! what was that! it made me jump and i had to sit down coz my head started going everywhere. i dont blv this is just oanic and stress. i have a 1 year old to look after but i cant carry on losing feeling in my body when ive got him to look after! what can i do? please help anyone im so scared..
|

replied November 7th, 2010
My Panic Attacks are like this...
My panic attacks are like this... Everything has a different rhythm then it normally does. It seems like everything I do is in a scared manor like every movement, or sound I make or anything/anyone else makes has a impending doom attached to it. I have a sense of derealization. I am relaxed in my head and my thoughts are fine.. but any music playing, noise outside. movement .. my dog barking is in a distinct scarred or panic mode.. as in the feeling you get when you are being chased or something is horribly scary. I can choose to sit in it and let it pass or I can choose to end it by �distracting� my brain...for example by clapping against the rhythm of a song helps, or talking to myself. This has been happening to me since I can remember. When its over my hands are a bit shaky and my heart is beating fast. Also I have no idea what brings this on.. it can happen while I am brushing my teeth.. listening to music.. I have even had it happen once during sex! Anyone else have this or anything like it going on to them?? Sad
|

User Profile
replied December 18th, 2010
Anxiety
Thats exactly how i feel. At imes im scared to leave the house because i will pass out. Anxiety is horrible, it doesnt help that I am also a hypocondriac (probably brought on more so from anxiety). Impending doom, out of body sensation, cant eat at times....UGH... For some reason loud noise also makes it worse...This is def not a fun way to live.......
|
12 >>