Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Hcg Question

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
I am 10 weeks and 6 days pregnant, at 10 weeks and 3 days after having intercourse I started bleeding frank red blood,. Approximately enough to soak 1 sanitary pad. We went to ER, where there was a normal u/s and heartbeat. They did some blood work, including a serum HCG. which was 99,000. At no point did I have any pain.
The next day I saw an OB who sent me for serum hcg X 2 48hrs apart. I had another u/s that day and everything was normal, received an excellent report stating it was a viable fetus, baby was fine, heartrate was 172. The only thing negative was that my placenta was a little low.
The second HCG result was 95,000 and then the third one was 87, 000. I have a fetal doppler here and the baby's heartrate is still strong and above 150.
My question is that I have read that HCG can drop near the end of the 1st trimester and then level off eventually. Is this true? HOw much would the drops be?
Does it sound like I may be miscarrying? Would my HCG numbers have greater drops if I was?
The only pain I have is lower back pain, probably from all the bed rest and mild pain or more of an aching above my hips.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 19th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i dont think you are misscarying
are you cramping at all?
dont stress out ok? im sure you will be just fine
sometimes intercourse early in pregnancy can irritate the cervix causing bleeding
i had spotting but nothing too severe
iif they did a u/s and herd the heart beat and everything was ok then id not worry too much :]
|
Did you find this post helpful?