Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Placenta In Front?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
When i had my ultrasound yesterday the tech doing the ultrasound said that my uterus was in front. Is that bad? Or does that cause any complecations for pregnancies? She didn't seem shocked about it. She just said that it happens to some women. Just wondering. Never heard of it before lol. Thanks ladies.

Sorry ladies i was wrong. It was the placenta, not uterus Sad

Last edited by Hollyberries on July 18th, 2007 08:05 PM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 18th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
your uterus? where else is it supposed to be? are you sure she didn't mean the placenta? maybe your placenta is in the front. or maybe a tilted uterus? i don't know, that's kind of a confusing one. if she didn't seem concerned then i wouldn't worry about it. i'm wondering if she meant the placenta though. Confused Question
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
HAHA! I swear she said uterus...Hmm i'm going to call his mom and ask what she said. Cause now i feel like a dummy lol.
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2007
Experienced User
If the tech was worried about it, he/she would have called the dr already and you would probably be called in.
If he/she wasnt worried then I wouldnt be..
If the placenta was infront, I dont think you would be able to see the baby? wouldnt it block the rest of the ultrasount.
Maybe he or she just meant that your uterus was sticking out a bit more.
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
ok i'm a idiot lol She did say placenta. Ooops i guess it was from all the excitement i was in during the ultrasound. Does that mean placenta previa?
|

replied July 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Hollyberries wrote:
ok i'm a fool lol She did say placenta. Ooops i guess it was from all the excitement i was in during the ultrasound. Does that mean placenta previa?

No. The placenta is in the front, meaning the placenta is IN THE FRONT. Not in the back. Not on the side. Not on the top.

The placenta can be attached nearly anywhere inside the uterus. Placenta previa is when the placenta is covering the cervix. This is a terrible position for the placenta and will result in a c-section delivery.

Yours is in the front, like did she show you the position of it? Over your belly button?

There is nothing unusual or harmful about the position of your placenta.
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'm sorry. I should have read about that before i posted. Thanks for your post.
|

replied July 18th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
now it all makes sense. Laughing you had an exciting day and we all go through that whole pregnancy brain thing, lol. they always tell you where the placenta is, it's part of the assessment. mine's in the back. as long as it's not blocking your cervix then you're okay.
|