Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Can Masturbating Harm My Capcity to Conceive??

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
hi
i am 22 yrs old n i started masturbating when i was 15 yr not regular but some times but now after such a long time i have noticed that the white liquid like sperm the amout decreased like its not that much n not thick like it use to be mostly dry ............some1 told me that masturbating harms the vaignal n now i wont b able to concive .....is it true?? n one more thing i never inserted any object in my vaignal n m still virgin...
is it true that the white liquid is necessary for a women to have a baby??m going to get married next yr m my in-laws want a baby soon...plz help me i have no knowledge over this....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Can Masturbating Harm My Capcity to Concive??
skygirll wrote:
hi
i am 22 yrs old n i started masturbating when i was 15 yr not regular but some times but now after such a long time i have noticed that the white liquid like sperm the amout decreased like its not that much n not thick like it use to be mostly dry ............some1 told me that masturbating harms the vaignal n now i wont b able to concive .....is it true?? n one more thing i never inserted any object in my vaignal n m still virgin...
is it true that the white liquid is necessary for a women to have a baby??m going to get married next yr m my in-laws want a baby soon...plz help me i have no knowledge over this....

Masturbating has nothing to do with fertility.

Don't listen to 'friends' who try to tell you otherwise.

Good luck in your marriage!
|

replied July 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
skygirll wrote:
hi

Masturbation is very healthy, and not harmful in any way (unless you bruise yourself or something lol). It is in fact very important for women to masturbate (in my opinion) so they know how their body works!

That white liquid is vaginal discharge. It is common to have a lot, and it is common to have a little. It's normal for the amount to change monthly, daily, yearly. It is NOT related to your fertility. Plenty of women with little discharge conceive, and plenty of women who are "naturally lubricated" have trouble.

Whoever told you that masturbation harms the vagina is a complete liar!

Even if you'd put your fingers, a pickle, sex toy, or whatever else in your vagina, you are still a virgin until a penis is in your vagina. I wouldn't suggest the pickle btw.

On a final note... don't get pregnant just for your inlaws. They don't matter! Who gives a flying piano if THEY want a baby? They can go get pregnant themselves!
|

replied July 18th, 2007
Ingi wrote:
skygirll wrote:
hi

Masturbating has nothing to do with fertility.

Don't listen to 'friends' who try to tell you otherwise.

Good luck in your marriage!

thank you very much for ur help.....
|

replied July 18th, 2007
Eiri wrote:
skygirll wrote:
hi

Masturbation is very healthy, and not harmful in any way (unless you bruise yourself or something lol). It is in fact very important for women to masturbate (in my opinion) so they know how their body works!

That white liquid is vaginal discharge. It is common to have a lot, and it is common to have a little. It's normal for the amount to change monthly, daily, yearly. It is NOT related to your fertility. Plenty of women with little discharge conceive, and plenty of women who are "naturally lubricated" have trouble.

Whoever told you that masturbation harms the vagina is a complete liar!

Even if you'd put your fingers, a pickle, sex toy, or whatever else in your vagina, you are still a virgin until a penis is in your vagina. I wouldn't suggest the pickle btw.

On a final note... don't get pregnant just for your inlaws. They don't matter! Who gives a flying piano if THEY want a baby? They can go get pregnant themselves!

thankyou mam....really cleared all the worries
|

replied July 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Good ^^
|

replied September 9th, 2009
masturbating
hi im 20 yrs old and i started masturbating wen i was 18yrs old...i used to masturbate regurarly..if i will continue den will it be a problem for me to become a father in future..i m so worried pls reply..
|

replied September 9th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Hey jay1212
Male masturbation improves fertility over time. If you ejaculate regularly you will be able to produce fertile sperm over a longer period of your life. It is a small difference but if you're not able to become a father in your youth masturbation will extend the time you have in life to become a father. About the only way masturbation can hurt your attempts to become a father is if you do it immediately before attempting to conceive with your wife as your body does need some time to bring your semen to full potency.
|

replied April 26th, 2012
If you noticed yourself that the ability to produce the liquid goes down over time, then why not stop?
|

replied April 27th, 2012
Community Volunteer (online)
You do realize that ths is a woman's forum?
|