Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Big Lump On My Face Full of Blood ?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
sorry this is so long, but i'm trying to give as much detail as i can:

i've had this lump on my face for awhile now. Maybe like 3 years. It's fluctuated in size through out the years. When i first noticed it, was when i was about 13 and it was a brown lump about the size of a dime but a little smaller. It's on my cheek. It was brown and my skin was really loose. It looked like maybe it was filled with blood? but i never touched it. I just let it shrink in size. A year later it was still visible to me at least but it was noticeably smaller. No discoloration in fact I was frustrated that it was still there so I squeezed it really hard and puss came out. Now I'm 16 and right now it's back again. dime sized brown lump. I was using proactiv and went over it with a cottonball which hurt a lot. and noticed there was some white puss like stuff on the cottonball. I proceeded to squeeze the lump and it shot out a little puss and a lot of blood. I kept doing this and more and more blood just poured oout of this lump. I just wanted to drain all of it out this one last time. My mom said there were like 2 or 3 like under eachother so she took a needle and gently poked it and squeezed out more blood. I told her to stop because I don't know what it is. But maybe you guys will know? It's very firm around my cheek area still. I REALLY want to go to the dermatologist but my parents will never take me. My dad says I'm a guy i shouldnt care about my looks. My mom says its too expensive adn she can't afford it. Does anyone know what this is? Is it harmful? and a BIG thank you if you read all that sorry it was so long =/

oh and also I'm a runner and have been since 5th grade. I'm thinking that what caused it in the first place was my sweat just clogged more pores and did something funky. Is it a cyst?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
ok heres what you do
i think you should go to a drug store and go to the section where they sell...face stuff lol
and ask them what they would recommend
or get proactive im for serious it really works

sorry about your bump Sad
|

replied July 18th, 2007
i've been using proactiv for 2 months and it hasn't been working =(
|

replied July 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
ahhhhhhhhh. then maybe its not acne

i think you should see a regular doctor and explain to him you want to know wht it is
then maybe he can direct you somewhere or tell your mom you reeeally need to go to a derm
|

replied July 18th, 2007
will a regular doctor know what it is? cuz i think my parents would take me to our family doctor so i dunno
|

replied July 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i would go see your regular doctor definately
he can steer you in the right direction
have you tried popping it?!?
|

replied July 18th, 2007
yeah it hurts and it won't really pop it will just bleed. its very firm and the lump is still visible. it's not like a normal pimple or something its wierd
|

replied May 22nd, 2012
Sounds like a cyst cysts usually bleed a lot after and if not fully drained continue to return worst thing about a cyst is that try can spread on ur body if not properly treated
|