Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

Fibromyalga

Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
Sad Crying or Very sad fibromyalga is a very hard type of arthritis. I say this because on most rhuematoid arthritis there are medication and gold shots that can be used for control of the pain and also surgeries for the joints. However, with fibromyalga all you can do is try to control the pain and control the trigger points. I am no doctor but I have had fibromyalga since 1991 and at the beginning I followed every direction that the doctors told me to do. Someone came in and done most of my housework and I quit doing stuff that the doctor wanted me to like dancing. But I just kept getting worse. Then in 1994,i had a little baby girl. My doctor told me that I would end up in a wheelchair in 5-7 years. They recommended that I do not try to have anymore children otherwise I would be in a wheelchair alot sooner. Here we are,my daughter is 9 yrs. Old and I have not been a wheelchair at all. About 6 yrs ago I met this fantastic man and I decided that I was not going to give up to fibromyalga! I now had 3 more children to take care of and I wanted to be fully active in their lives. So I lived my life did everything I wanted to no matter what the doctors said. You know what, I did not get as bad as they said that I would. I do have my bad times that I cannot do anything but now instead of having everyday being a terrible day for me. I do have good days. Don't get me wrong there is never a day that goes by that I am not in pain but you learn to live with it and you don't ever give up.

I guess that is my message "never give up!" you know your body better then anyone so you push yourself to your limit because in the long run that is the best thing for you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 6th, 2004
Do you experiance swelling with your pain?
|

replied November 16th, 2004
Experienced User
Hi
Well I am 21 and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia when I was 19. Im the youngest person in my area diagnosed in a very long time. For me eating healthy, taking vitamins and swimming is the only thing that helps me. When I was told I had fibromyalgia I didnt believe it because its one of those things that cant be proved or fixed through medication.

I havent given up yet .......And I hopefully have a long life ahead of me. It isnt the greatest feeling when someone tells u that you have a disease that cant be proved, cant be fixed and that you will have for the rest of your life. I agree dont give up.
|

replied November 16th, 2004
Immune Related Disorders
I am so happy to hear all the positive attitudes!!

Lupus, fibromyalgia asthema etc are all immune deficient related disorders.

By taking quality supplements and removing the toxins in your environment, that destroy and suppress your immune system, you can experience great results.

If any of you or if you know of anyone that is interested in learning how simple lifestyle changes can have dramatic effects on your health, especially if it is currently comprimised, please contact me.

It might change your world and help you to become "pain free"

deb
|

replied March 21st, 2005
Hi

my father is 54 years old. He is a dairy farmer and love the outdoors.

Last year, his joints started to stiffen and his feet started to swell. He
was in terrible pain. In feb this year, he could not get out of his bed
and could not dress himself.

A good friend of mine suggest to give him to take tf as the one of the
arthritis treatments medicine. Within 2 weeks, he was back to farming
and was symtom free.

Newbiz
|

replied May 26th, 2005
Fibromyalga
Please explain what fibromyalga is. Is it in the jionts or the bone?
|

replied May 28th, 2005
Drop me an e-mail and I will send you some information that will naturally help your fibromyalgia.

Yours in health,
stephane
|

replied July 18th, 2005
Fm
You have to make up ypur mind if fm takes over your life my started so long a go I can't remember I was told I would be in a wheel chair also I have changed my eating habits ,became more active,i have a great pain dr iam on ultram,celerbrex,zanaflex,elavil I have sever o arthtris also and need a knee replacement drs. Want to hold off on that cause my age I feel at work 1 year ago I quit my jobs after 28 years working 65 to 70 hours a week it took 4 ortho and painmanagement dr before I realized enough was enough so this last year iam I quit 2 jobs ,had a 85 year old lady rear end me I was dead stop at a stop sign gas she hit the gas not the break and did I go in a major flare p/thearpy injections whip lash soft tissue damage plus nerve hitting the spinal cord so now iam fighting or rather my lawyer is ins.Compandy ,filled ssd dr said too been denil once but going to keep at it had to file bankrucy but iam at peace now I have exceped my life and iam a better person now so each day I take 23 pills for this grap and keep going and I don't want to give in to a cane at 49 let a lone a wheel chair but if it happens it does but one day at a time and there is good ones and bad ones thake care deb
|

replied September 25th, 2005
My favourite site for getting information about fibromyalgia is http://www.Ourfm-cfidsworld.Org/

they are very friendly and can answer most of your questions.

Norman
www.Arthritismatters.Co.Uk
|

replied October 6th, 2005
Fibromyalga
I have been having more pain free days since I moved to new mexico. I lived in northern idaho for many years. My doctor told me the best thing I could do is move to the south. I stop trying to do everything for everyone. I found that stress was one of my big triggers. If anyone has any diet suggestions please let me know. I am trying to lose weight right now but a lot of the diet food have stuff that I cant eat.
|

replied September 23rd, 2006
Fibromyalgia
Hi I have had fibromyalgia for thirty years since I was a young teen and I have been to depths of despair and out again.Like you I try to live my life as well as I can,sometimes this is hard ,but you can never give up.Some days are ok( never without pain.)but pacig a skill I learnt from a pain clinic has helped a lot .In essence you pace everything to your worst day ,for me that is 15 min of whatever you are doing ,washing crafting etc.Als when pain is very bad to take your pain relief by the clock every 4 hours for two to three days and it really works.Nice talking to you.Honora
|

replied January 23rd, 2007
Immune System
Focus on strengthening the immune system. The only way to "cure" anything, from the common cold to cancer is our own god given immune system! Thats a fact. I have been an athletic trainer for over 12 years and I had a doctor/client introduce me to "the skilling institute", they focus on the immune system instead of symptoms.
|
Quick Reply