Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

Incubation period for Mono (the kissing disease): sore throa

Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...
User Profile
I have had Mono(the kissing disease) for about 10 days now but just officially was diagnosed yesterday, i had the sore throat and swollen glands and everything. Today i feel 99 percent normal and my sore throat is going away.

How long until I will be able to kill my boyfriend? or engage in sexual activity?

also, I know hte incubation period for Mono can be a month, so I think my boyfriend has already been exposed, if i kiss him, will I re-expose myself?/is he going to get it?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2007
Mononucleosis Answer A3142
You can’t be reinfected with Mononucleosis (mono) because your body has created immunity against the condition for life. I don’t believe that your boyfriend can be infected with mono either because it seems that he has been already exposed. He might have had mono in the past and also developed immunity or overcome the infection without symptoms. Mono is a fairly benign infectious condition, and there's nothing really to worry about, although your consideration for his health is admirable.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mononucleosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.