Medical Questions > Relationships > Dating Forum

When Is It Okay to Start Dating ( divorcing )

User Profile
Some of my friends say now that papers are filed, others say I should wait until it's final! In my mind, the marriage is over so why shouldn't I date NOW!?! And what do I tell a date about my marital status? Do I say I'm legally married but papers are in, or what?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
tell them your in the middle of a divorce

its ok to start dateing when you are ready!!!!! if its done then its done!!!
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2007
Experienced User
the_girlfreind wrote:
tell them your in the middle of a divorce

its ok to start dateing when you are ready!!!!! if its done then its done!!!

Thanks Gfriend, that's what I figure too....too many of my friends (mostly female though) say the opposite...."You should wait until the divorce is final" and things like that! Uh, wait 6 months just to have a court say I'm done, when I knew I was done back in Feb? NO THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
|

replied July 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
women think differently than men do
but i think its ok now
the papers have been filed right? its done and theres no more to the marriage so go have fun! date away!!!!! the court doesnt need to give you an approval to start dateing again!!!!!
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2007
Experienced User
Oh yeah, marriage settlement has gone through, just waiting now.....no chance of reconciliation, that's for damn sure!! I've kind of "dated" up til now, but just here and there, nothing at all serious....but now a couple of women have my interest peaked and I would like to get into a "still semi-casual" but public relationship, if you know what I mean!
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2007
Supporter
Hi
I guess it depends on why the divorce was filed and who filed it....in my brothers case, his lawyer told him to wait until the divorce was finalized, because children are involved and we don't want to jeopardize anything. On the other hand, "she"flaunts her gross new boyfriend all over town.....Makes me sick and the kids can't stand it. I would think, if you are young and do not have children and there is no property to be devided or any type of settlement concerned issuses, the papers are filed....HAVE AT IT! Bust Loose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wear your socks! Laughing
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2007
Experienced User
LOL @ socks!! I think I get your meaning! LOL

Well there are 2 young children involved, but I have no plans on flaunting anything, nor do I plan on serial dating....I would like to go out with a nice woman and not have to "hide her", you know what I mean?

I filed for divorce because my STBX decided to date WHILE we were married, LOL! So she really can't talk!

Kids are adjusting well to things, and I really don't know how they might react to Daddy hanging out with a new lady. I wouldn't bring her around them, but they might hear talk through the kids @ the school & what not....oh, they are 5 & 8, BTW.
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hey man, congrats on getting your divorced worked out. I remember when you weren't sure and were working it out. Glad you have made a decision and you seem very happy!

As far as dating, I think as long as you are honest about your situation to all parties involved that is the best thing. It doesn't make sense to wait to date, unless you are not over your ex and this is a...oh, what's it called...a 'bounce back' relationship...what are they called...you know what I mean.
|

replied July 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Birch wrote:
Hey man, congrats on getting your divorced worked out. I remember when you weren't sure and were working it out. Glad you have made a decision and you seem very happy!

As far as dating, I think as long as you are honest about your situation to all parties involved that is the best thing. It doesn't make sense to wait to date, unless you are not over your ex and this is a...oh, what's it called...a 'bounce back' relationship...what are they called...you know what I mean.

rebound :]
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i met my fiance online where he listed himself as "divorced". I assumed the divorced was finalized so i didn't asked and we scheduled to date. Should he had listed himself as "separated" i know I wouldn't have scheduled a date with him for a second. Well but in the first date he was very honest with me and told me that his divorce was filed in court and just waiting for the final approval. I didn't like it but given that the divorce papers were filed and he didn't had any children I didn't turned my back on him. The next date it got worse when he very honestly said that it wasn't the first divorce but the second. I was schocked and scared but he was just so honest, he said like "I know I have two divorces and that is against me but look i'm really looking for a good woman to love and have family with". I truly believed in his honestly and he really never disappointed me. When his second divorce finalized he sent me the link from the court saying so and we celebrated. A year after he proposed and we are getting married now in october. Smile

So yes if your divorce is filed in court I don't see why you need to wait.
|

replied January 27th, 2009
YES!!
your friends should be more supportive of your decissions!! :O
date now!!!! lol
have a laugh meet new sexy babes lol
Very Happy
x
|
Quick Reply