Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Dilating at 20 weeks

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi Every One This Is My First Time On Here.I Am 24 Years Old And I Am Having My First Child!!!!!!!!!!! And I Wanted To Ask Every One Is It Normal To Be Dilating At 20Weeks!!!! i Am Really Scared This Is My First Baby! And i don't Know What To Do. My Doctor Said That No Working Out Etc!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I don't believe that's normal but it would be best to talk to your doctor some more. If you are dilating prematurely you could have an incompetent cervix but usually they can put a cerclage in, which is little stitches in your cervix to help hold the baby in.
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hey there. Hopefully this doesn't sound stupid, but how did you know that you were dilated?

I hope everything turns out to be fine, and that the doctor can stop you from dilating even farther. Just make sure you follow the advice on no exercise & probably no sex either. Good luck!
|

replied July 17th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
you should see your doctor. and how do you know your dialated?
|