Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Short Trip

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
My mom, sister, daughter and I went to Cabbage Island yesterday. It was so much fun.
We caught the boat "The Argo" from Boothbay

The weather was really nice when we started. It was 76 degrees or so, which is nice for the coast. We sat on the top!
This is my mom, sister, Brianna and I

It started getting cloudy before we took off, and by the time we set sail it was raining, but not hard. Mostly just sea mist.
I have no idea what light house this is? Kind of pretty though

This is cabbage island. They cook the steamed clams, lobsters, corn, and potato in pits right on the ocean in salt water with sea weed. It was amazing food. Probably the best freakin steamers I have ever had!!!

And us getting ready to chow down.

so when we were ready to leave it started to thunder, lightening, and rain like the Gods were pouring it on. Big time.
Kind of irritating that the people that sat down below (not in the rain) couldn't wait until those of us on top of the boat got off, but hey thats tourists for ya! Brianna and I soaking ringing wet!

And a random picture of Jaylon Razz I'll post more of him in Baby talk and Parenting
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2007
Experienced User
You took some really great photos. The ones of the landscape look like they could be on a postcard! It looks like you had fun. Your baby is so adorable! I want to see more pics of him he is gonna be a ladies man! lol
katie
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
That looks like so much fun! I would give anything for a vacation!
|

replied July 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
that looks fun! i don't think i would've minded being stuck in the rain, it just makes it more fun!

you can definitely tell you're all related!

don't even get me started on the tourists... we still have another 6 weeks at least!

i'll be on the lookout for more jaylon pics!
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yay that looks like so much fun! seeing those boat pictures with the houses in the background make me feel like Im looking at my boat pictures! You and your daughter are so pretty, and i love baby jaylon!
|

replied July 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
look like you guys had fun.

you sure look really happy to be getting soaking wet!
|

replied July 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Our coast line looks similar regardless of where you are taking the pics. If I went to Bar Harbor it would look the same. I do enjoy the scenery! It was so much fun! Rain and all!

I dislike tourists with a passion! One of the women who was sitting (dry) under where we were sitting said, "oh...did you guys get wet up there?" I said, "oh just a little, oh well", "but it would have been nice, in light of the lightening if we could have exited the boat first". She said, "would it have made that much of a difference, you'd still be wet?". I looked down into the water and said, "how wet do you think that water is, and looked right at her". She let me off the boat first. LOL

*edited* to say that as much as I dislike the tourists, I do know they are the bread and butter of our state!
|

replied July 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Those are great pics! The only time I've been to any coast is when I was a year old...we went to CA. I'd love to visit Maine, it looks beautiful! You and your daughter look great (you all do, really) and Jaylon is getting so big! What a handsome guy!
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Such great pics! You and your Daughter look great! Jaylon is getting so big and cute! I miss Maine, the best lobster and other seafood and there is so much to do and see there! It looks like you all had a great time! I don't mind the tourists, some of them kind of make me laugh and there are some good one's too! Thanx for the pics!
|

replied July 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks for your comments! I do love it here, and couldn't imagine living anywhere else. Going to the coast is a nice treat for us, and we did have a wonderful time. Next year we are going to make a week end out of it.
|