Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Another One

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
so yesterday i found out that another couple that we are pretty close to are expecting. she was like telling everyone and they were all excited. then they all look at me and ask when we are going to have one. my husband and i have been married for a little over 2 years. we have been trying since feb. it is ok every time af comes cause then im just like...ok it didn't happen this month. then someone else i know gets preggo and it gets a little sad. oh well. one day.

good luck to all of you trying. lots of baby dust to us all Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 16th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I know exactly how you are feeling. My dh and I have been ttc since Sept of last year. Like you, we have been married for a little over two years. When we started, we knew of several other couples who were ttc. All of them have since gotten pregnant and a few have had babies. We even found out about other couples getting pregnant who we didn't know were trying.

I don't begrudge anyone their joy, but I wish I was pregnant, too. Sad
|

replied July 16th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I know exactly how you are feeling. My dh and I have been ttc since Sept of last year. Like you, we have been married for a little over two years. When we started, we knew of several other couples who were ttc. All of them have since gotten pregnant and a few have had babies. We even found out about other couples getting pregnant who we didn't know were trying.

I don't begrudge anyone their joy, but I wish I was pregnant, too. Sad
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I feel you! My 19 yo sil came to my dh to ask him to ask me (did you follow that?) for a pg test (she knows we're ttc, so I have some) I told her that I wouldn't give her one. (I knew it was to early anyway) But that I am taking her butt down to planned parenthood this weekend to get her on some birth control. Then, I proceeded to cry for the rest of the night. And honestly, that is pretty much all I have done for the last week or so. It's amazing what we will put ourselves through just to see those two stupid lines pop up in that insanely small time frame.
|

replied July 17th, 2007
Experienced User
hey christy haven't seen you around in a while. hope everything is good with you.

yeah we really didn't think that it was going to take us this long. i mean i consider myself to be pretty healthy. i don't have any sort of medical history. but i guess this just happens sometimes. i only get really down when i see or hear of someone else that has gotten preg. it'll be about another week before we see if this month was a go or not.

good luck to you both. and i hope that it happens soon for us all.
|

replied July 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I guess I have been relatively lucky in not having anyone that is really close to me get pregnant. Most of my friends aren't in real relationships, and the ones that are are not married and definitely not trying to get pregnant. We were the fist of all our friends to get married, so I think that has something to do with it. Our friends are already starting to tease us and say...."any day now...we want to see a baby" It doesn't really bother me yet, because I know they are jokeing and I can easily play it off as we are still "having fun and partying" even though we are not. It's easy for them to believe.
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2007
I understand what your saying. I have been trying since Nov 06 and about a month ago someone I work with told me that her daughter was prego. She said she just got off birth control and after one af she was prego. I don't understand how it is so easy for some people and so hard for others.
|

replied July 17th, 2007
Experienced User
I send you lots of ~::babydust::~ i hope it happens soon for you Very Happy
|

replied July 18th, 2007
Im 26 and been ttc since feb 07, with no luck. I have a hypothyroid which is under control and my doctor said to stop stressing so much, relax.3 couples we know have gotten preggo and 2 were on birthcontrol and weren't really ready. Which made me upset because she was like I guess we will be old and boring now, I was so mad. I just relized that I'll need to relax, take care of myself (vitamins, eat right and get good sleep), and not let others bother me. Its real hard when you see them getting bigger and you have nothing. Confused

I would recommend getting a full GYN work up including thyroid function testing because its one of the number one reasons for infertililty

amanda
|

replied July 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Just out of curiosity, what kind of doctor can do a full thyroid work up? I have no clue when it comes to doctors. I always have to ask my mom what kind of doctor I need to be going to.
|

replied July 18th, 2007
To get a full thyroid test you can ask your OBGYN, family doctor, and a doctor that specializes in thyroid problems is an endocrinologist (that is who you should see i you are dignosed with a hypo or hyperthyroid)

amanda
|
Quick Reply