Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Bumps On Inner Thighs And Lower Abdomen

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I have been to the dr. regarding bumps that i have had and still get. They are all in the shaving area on the inner thighs and above, not on the lips or inside anywhere. She said that is was molluscum and not to shave for a while and they would go away since it wasnt serious. But since then they keep coming back. I did trim my hair with an electric trimmer very close to the skin. I noticed that some bumps were dark in color and looked dried out so i squeezed some of the bumps and a hair and blackhead hardend puss came out. I also get larger bumps that are pimple like and puss comes out of those. Those bumps do hurt but for only a day or two and then i pop those and they dry out and go away. I am curious if this sounds serious of some sort of STD like herpes. From what i have read herpes is usually inside the vaginal area and not on the outskirts. Also they have not gone away for over a year. It is really embarassing wearing a bathing suit since you can see the bumps, and i cant shave. Please if anyone has any information it would be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 16th, 2007
Experienced User
I have the same problem, they are from shaving no std at all. You probably have extremely sensative skin and from shaving you are getting ingrown hairs and rashes. One way for this to stop happening is to stop shaving there and start waxing, it hurts like hell but for the most part it stops them if not lessens them. I wax now and I get them but definitely not as bad as I used to. I went to the dermatologist at one time and she prescribed me Benzashave it is a great shaving lotion but it's also not 100% effective although it does help a little. She also prescribed me a cream to put on after I shave and on the affected area daily but that too does not work completely. I don't recall the name of the cream but I would advise for one shaving in the opposite direction if you continue to shave you will get less irritation that way. You have to shave with the grain of the hair...you will have to go over it a few times to get it all...for two you could try waxing, someone who you know is good...three go and see a dermatologist who can help you with this problem and prescribe you something to help it. Don't worry you don't have and STD, you have sensative skin and ingrown hairs.
|

replied July 16th, 2007
Thanks
Thanks so much for your reply. I really appreciate all your information. I will take it all into consideration. Razz
|

replied August 7th, 2007
Bumps On Inner Thigh
No, I highly doubt it's an std or anything serious for that matter. It's most likely from shaving or from sweat or a combo of both. I have them too. While I've never asked my gyn about them, they have been there every time I've seen him for years. I quite honestly think in my case it's from being a bit overweight. They seemed to show up around the time I started putting on weight, got better when I lost weight and came back when I regained. Maybe you could call the dr. and ask to try another prescription. Good luck. I sympathize with your swimsuit embarrasment.
|