Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Areola Question

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
hello, i'm new here and possibly(and hopefully) pregnant.

i'm waiting to take the hpt at the end of the week, but so far alot of symptoms. question about the areolas and montgomery glands......right now no breast tenderness or nipple soreness, but theres a dark ring around the outside of the areola with some more glands. is this normal?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yes it is completely normal for the area around the nipples to get darker :]

and welcome to the forum1 im suzy and im 18 weeks 2 days pregnant
|

replied July 15th, 2007
thanks suzy....i guess after awhile you can start looking too much into symptoms.

good luck with your pregnancy
|

replied July 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yeah i know but try not to rely that much on the symptoms.

and good luck on the hpt i hope its positive!!!!!!
|

replied June 2nd, 2008
bigger areolas
I am in the same situation. Dont know if Im imagining symptoms like I do most months. But my areolas seem to be bigger this month too. So hopefully we can both be pregnant. Im waiting for the dye xray thing soon, so hopefully everything will be O.K. Even better if I dont need to go. Baby dust to you.x
|