Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Yellow Semen

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
My semen has been yellow for a long time now, im 15 years old and today recently it has been brighter than usual.. any ideas? I hope its not an infection, im too embarrassed to tell my parents to take me to the doc, you know how it is when your young... Shocked
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper HandyAndy
|

replied July 16th, 2007
my semen was yellow one time when i was masterbating and i had to pee real bad, not sure if thats why better leave it to someone who knows
|

replied July 23rd, 2007
Quote from another place:

Quote:

Yellow semen is fine. I should say yellowish, not very yellow. If its very yellow, yeah, it could be sign of an infection. Also brown semen is a sign of blood in it, and if it happens often, there is likely a problem with one of the testicles.
|

replied October 24th, 2009
prostate problem
my semen is yellowish, also watery all the time is this a problem?
|

replied November 7th, 2009
The fact of the matter is what you "compare" your seamen with. If your seamen is on a really white surface it may seem "yellowish" by comparison. In that case there is nothing wrong with your balls, its all in your head.
|

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Hi HandyAndy,

Yeah I know how it is to be 15 and to embarrased to discuss personal problems with your parents. Other than your semen being yellow are there any other problems...smelly, burning, pain? If not go to the drug store and buy some cranberry pills (you can get these over the counter), take as directed on the bottle until they are all gone. Drink plenty of fluid, water, gator...no sodas or carb drinks. If your semen is still yellow go to the "parents" and tell them you'd like to air on the side of caution and see a urologist...they will understand...they too were your age and dealt with parents.

Good Luck, and please keep us informed.

Faded Rose

Oh, if you are having pain and it is smelly you probably have an infection and need antibotic...you will have to go to a doctor for that.
|
Tags: infection
Quick Reply