Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Tips of Teeth

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
the tips of my front teeth are becoming transparent

what could cause this and how do I fix it?

thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hey
im not sure what is causing this but perhaps try a floride mouthwash? and calcium suplements I think you should talk to a dentist about it too.
|

replied August 1st, 2007
Re: Hey
dyanmatteson wrote:
im not sure what is causing this but perhaps try a floride mouthwash? and calcium suplements I think you should talk to a dentist about it too.

I already do/take both
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Ok
ive heard of this condition befor but i dont really know what to tell you. I would ask my dentist if i were you. it would put your mind to rest.
|

replied August 9th, 2007
Re: Ok
dyanmatteson wrote:
ive heard of this condition befor but i dont really know what to tell you. I would ask my dentist if i were you. it would put your mind to rest.

my mind to rest?

what the... Confused

forget about my mind... I want my teeth to look nice
|

replied June 28th, 2009
Two possible things it could be are:

1. Bleaching your teeth - can cause them to have a more transparent look to them and it usually goes back if you stop whitening so much.

2. Grinding. A lot of people grind their teeth at night but have no idea they do it. The tops of the back teeth wear into the backside of the top teeth therefore thinning them out. A nightguard would help keep you from wearing into them more if this is the cuase but won't stop you from grinding. There are usually visible wear on the teeth in certain areas your dentist could check for...you coudl also check yourself and see if your teeth look more flat...esp the canines which are normally pretty pointed.
|

replied September 28th, 2010
im 16 and also have this. and I went to the orthadontist and he said its nothing to worry about as its normal. but it just means my enamel is thinning and once its lost its lost. he told me to avoid too much citric foods and juices as they do far more damage to enamel than fizzy juices. I forgot to mention to him if whitning would help take away the look of the transparency, well i hope so. I do grind my teeth though at night unfortunatly. well it would be a good idea to talk your worrys over with the dentist and hopefully they can help youuu!
|

replied February 22nd, 2011
Always ensure that they must be no harmful chemical contents that could harm your teeth,gums and even your tongue.Before buying any agents for teeth bleaching should be aware of the details!must include its ingredients or contents.
Perfect Teeth Bleaching
|
Quick Reply