Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Being Pregnant On Depo?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I have been on depo for about 4 months now and I have gotten both of my shots on time. I had sex about 3 days ago, without another other form of protection, and I didn't have my boyfriend pull out. How safe is depo really against pregnancy? I am getting a little worried here, should I take a pregnancy test? And when should I take one since I don't get my periods?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 10th, 2004
Experienced User
I was on depo and its very unlikely that you are preg. I was having sex without protection on depo and didnt get preg.
|

replied March 17th, 2004
I was on depo p. For over 5 years with one partner and used no other form of birth control...I am still childless.
|

replied March 17th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Like the pill it is 99.9% effective. All you need is that .1%! So if u do not want a baby, use condoms. Just because someone else didn't get pregnant on depo even without using caution, does not mean that you will have the same luck.
|

replied April 2nd, 2004
Im on depo as of now and my partner and I are very active sexually and I havnt got pregnant. :p
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile