Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

what is getting Wet?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
im 17 and a virgin, so im really naive about this kind of stuff. but ive been dating my boyfriend for almost a year and we kiss and stuff but we havent really havent done anything past that. he asks me if he gets me wet but i dont know what getting wet exactly is. i dont know if its just discharge? do you discharge when you get turned on? haha i really dont know. i need someone to explain what getting wet is and if its discharge or ejaculation. thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Jabberwocky818
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Women have discharge all of the time. It's how the vagina keeps itself clean. However, when a woman is in the mood, she will produce even more. This acts as a lubricant during sex.
|

replied July 14th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Getting Wet?
tinysalmon wrote:
im 17 and a virgin, so im really naive about this kind of stuff. but ive been dating my boyfriend for almost a year and we kiss and stuff but we havent really havent done anything past that. he asks me if he gets me wet but i dont know what getting wet exactly is. i dont know if its just discharge? do you discharge when you get turned on? haha i really dont know. i need someone to explain what getting wet is and if its discharge or ejaculation. thanks

Hey Smile

"Getting wet" describes when your vagina secretes its own natural lubrication when you get turned on. It is discharge, yes.

Ejaculation is normally a male thing.
|

replied July 2nd, 2009
hey
not something he should be asking really.
|

replied July 19th, 2011
They've been dating for a year. It's a perfectly normal and acceptable question for an adolescent male to ask someone he is intimate with. Don't be such a prude.
|

replied September 1st, 2009
so i am very new to everything as well, i'm a guy jsyk, and i have been dating for 7months now...my gf was also very new with everything...we arent having sex til we are married, we both believed in that, but we do alot of kissing and touching, but we never go below the belt...i wont touch her vagina area and she doesnt touch my penis....its just somethin we both wont do....but she has told me that sometimes when i make out with her, or when i gently kiss her neck or stomach, she gets "explosions" in her tummy area and she said many times after i go home, she goes to take a shower and i guess she said somethin was goin on down there ie discharge i guess lol
but it isnt somethin a guy should be asking you if he really respects you. i think he is just trying to get as far as he can with you, and that he asks you questions like that just to brag about it to his buddies....i dont mean to sound pompous or brag, but i am a very caring boyfriend and i never do anything my gf feels uncomfortable doing, and i make sure i am always talking to her and we ask each other questions and we make sure we are always on the same page...you bing pretty neive makes yo ueasy to take advantage of, please be careful
|

replied January 2nd, 2010
Wet
=.=. a boyfriend asking his girl if she gets wet isn�t disrespectful you two are a couple now, you shouldn�t feel awkward asking your girlfriend intimate details... i asked my girl because i was curious if i was having the same effect she was having on me.
|

replied December 1st, 2010
shut up niceguy127
|

replied December 1st, 2010
shut up niceguy127
|

replied March 28th, 2011
HELP ME !
so confused im 15 and im am not a virign i think..... i messed around with two guys but nothing big ... i really dont know anything but this one guy keeps pushing me... i kinda want to when he is feeling on me but then another part is like get away from me..... i think i have strong feelings for him but idk.... we are friends with benfits..... what should i do!!
|

replied March 28th, 2011
HELP ME !
so confused im 15 and im am not a virign i think..... i messed around with two guys but nothing big ... i really dont know anything but this one guy keeps pushing me... i kinda want to when he is feeling on me but then another part is like get away from me..... i think i have strong feelings for him but idk.... we are friends with benfits..... what should i do!!
|

replied June 20th, 2011
wait for marriage if possible
yes you sound very confused...either you are a virgin or not...oral sex only is being sexual active but you are still a virgin til you have been penetrated with his penis, breaking your hymen (if it has not been already broken due to being active in sports/hobbies). this is called defloration, do not have sex just to please a guy who in a few months will be on to the next girl. I remember being a fifteen year old guy hormones raging and ready to ravage any pretty girl that would allow me too...remember the consequences of sex (unplanned pregnancy, Stds, emotional feelings). I know you are young now and can not see past the next day let alone the next few hours...be careful, and protect your virtue.
|

replied July 19th, 2011
Sex before marriage is not wrong. Nor should sex be considered as such a taboo. It is a huge part of our existence on this earth. It is one of the basic motivations of the human psyche, subconsciously dictating almost every action we take throughout our day. Our society tells us that sex is dangerous and immoral and can only bring about horrible things. But it's that mindset that truly perverts us as a human race, not the want for sex. That want is in our inherent nature and will never change. How we perceive it, however, should.
|

replied July 21st, 2011
I went very far with a boy when i was 15, a boy i loved very much. He kept pushing me and pushing me into going all the way. Eventually I just let him do it to me, because I felt pressured and scared he would leave me. He took my virginity on a cold and dirty bathroom floor. I regret it so much. think about that, all the regret you will have........it is not worth it at all if he is pushing you, trust me, ive been there. I cried myself to sleep the night he took my virginity from me. I know when your fifteen you dont realize the consequences, like i didnt. My first pregnancy scare was great!
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2011
I am 23 and I am married have been for 2 years, and we have two kids...My husband is in the military and has been gone for two weeks at a school he came back and we were fixing to do the deed and I just couldn't get wet. I am on a birth control called mirena. But ever since i have been on it i haven't really had this problem I use to be a sexholic and now I just can't even get in the mood...and I find my husband very attractive. I just want an answer!! I hate using ky and he hates using condoms we just want to go the natural way!!
|

replied July 20th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
if u have birth control why worry about condoms
start with 69
or something new
if u want a good lub try extra virgin coconut oil, very tasty and good for u
and one time not being just great; welcome to marriage
good luck to u both
|

replied January 15th, 2013
Oral is the way to go. Hold your lips apart so your husband can go in and then around your clit. Let his tongue slowly go over and over your clit, barely touching it (while holding one finger in you) and you will orgasm and be plenty wet. Good luck.
|

replied July 20th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Birth control hormones can cause this, as can aging, other medicines (antihistamines, antidepressants and others), stress, general poor health, dehydration, infections and many other things.

Have you tried another lube? Silicone based lubes stays slippery for much longer (but avoid using it with silicone based sex toys), water based lubes needs a few drops of water or fluid to reinvigorate it when it dries out. Avoid the oil based lubes.

You can also try more and longer foreplay. Oral sex gets me so slippery, both his saliva and my own arousal, that there is no problem after that.

The pill evens out your hormones, so you will not get the old ovulation wetness and horny you used to have in the 'old' days.
|
Quick Reply