Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Living With a Disease Where There Is No Cure

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
Hello all Smile
i was diagnosed with ic about 2 years ago, but have been having symptoms for over 10 years. Here recently my symptoms have been more severe, but mainly because at this point in my life I am going through so many things that the stress is causing my bladder to go on overload. I cannot tell you the last day that has gone by when I am not swollen in the middle or hurting so badly that its difficult to stand. Recently, when my bladder has begun to have spasms, my body for some reason has begun to retain fluid as well. My hands are swollen so bad I cannot even wear my wedding band most of the time. My urologist tells me that I have one of the more severe cases of ic and that there is no cure, only trial medication. Not something I wanted to hear, would you. If any of you are going through similair things, please let me know. I would really like to speak with someone to know that I am not the only one out here alone.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 12th, 2004
Hey there
i was disgnosed 2 years ago with ic. Although I have nothing like what you are having, I feel so bad for you. But I do understand the pain, to a certain degree.

I actually went to an eastern medicine doctor after about year, bc I just couldnt live with it. He gave me a few shiatsu treatments. I was fortunte to have a friend of the family who was an actual "healer" (kinda like mr. Meogee in karate kid)

well after a few sessions he new my bladder/body was very sick and understood. Within treatments he told me to take calcium. Actually coral calcium. I dunno if you take any vitmins, which i'm sur eyou have tried them all..... But I would really recomment trying the coral calcium (the one from okinawa, not hte cheapo ones they seel in drug stores)

it has helped my body so much. I can tell you more you are interested.

So anyway that was my 2cents
|

replied March 12th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I don't have this problem but I would suggest the same sort of thing, homeopathy would be worth trying rather than being a guinea pig.

The other thing that might be worth checking is going to a search engine & typing in cures or natural cures for ic.

Good luck
|

replied March 12th, 2004
Hey I came acroos this, I guess i'm no tthe only one who found releif from ic with coral calcium.

Http://www.Coral-calcium-supplement.Net/_d isc1/00000005.Htm

p.S. It also reduced my menstral cramping majorly, as well as my mood!! That's always a plus.
|

replied May 27th, 2005
First let me say i'm sorry. I have a question for all who hav ic...My doctor told me that women with medapause (sry for the spelling) only get it...Is this true??? They would not test me for it because it is really rare that young women have it and that they think I would not be able to get if because of my age. But is it true that only people going through medapause get it???
|

replied May 28th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
No - Anyone Can Get It....
Regardless of age or sex you can get ic for many reasons, infections, stress, etc - so insist your dr check out what's going on & also consider whether it's stress or embarrassment related in which case perhaps a counsellor, group therapy for stress/embarassment etc may be the answer.

Goodluck
|

replied October 12th, 2005
I don't have ic but I do have bipolar disorder and i've been struggling with that for over 10 years. I understand what it is like to struggle with your health and have your life torn apart. You have my sympathy and I hope you start feeling better soon.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Aleksandra Drecun
User Profile
Anand J. Singh