Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Bitter Taste On Skin (Page 1)

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
Does anyone know why I would have a bitter taste on my skin. I don't notice it all the time. My lips and fingers taste bitter. I thought it was from touching the computer but I washed my hands 4 times and it is still there.
HELP!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper nervous_student
|

replied July 14th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Bitter Taste On Skin
ms melissa wrote:
Does anyone know why I would have a bitter taste on my skin. I don't notice it all the time. My lips and fingers taste bitter. I thought it was from touching the computer but I washed my hands 4 times and it is still there.
HELP!!

It has happened to me too!!

It may be from a recently used cleaning product. Don't stress about it; I had to wait several days for it to fade, even with showering and going to the pool.
|

replied November 5th, 2009
Anxiety r/t bitter lip/skin taste
I have read many posts on this and most people say that it's related to the canned air that they've started using but personally I don't believe that is the case with me. I have used canned air for years now and that's never happened to me ....I read a post about anxiety and adrenaline maybe being the cause and today I was very stressed out and anxious and then got the taste.
|

replied April 17th, 2012
Thank you. I just realized I had bitter tasting fingers two days ago. I never heard or had this issue before. I ran across this post, and yes I used duster to clean my laptop three days ago.

I plan on using a different keyboard for a while to see if the taste goes away. If not, I will seek a doctor. But this is a great start and I feel you are right.
|

replied April 19th, 2012
I just used canned air to clean my keyboard as well. I just looked up bitter tast on lips and fingers and found this. My problem solved.
|

replied June 9th, 2012
bitter skin taste
I'm certain that the bitter taste is a hormone or lack thereof of TSH produced by thyroid. So if u want to get to the bottom seek medical attention for thyroidism...or id u take synthroid please discuss this side effect w ur physician.
|
Users who thank kwex for this post: robertp7220 

replied June 30th, 2012
I have noticed a bitter taste only on my fingertips the past couple of day. I wash my hands then work on my laptop and notice it again. After reading these posts I realized I did use canned air yesterday to clean my keyboard and that's when it started. I also inhaled the stuff by accident and the taste was the same as what's on my fingertips so I believe this is my issue, the canned air I used on my laptop.
|

replied November 25th, 2009
i have it too. just noticed it on fingertips and lips.
was very anxious about it until i read these posts; however, i still am going to the doctor
|

replied January 5th, 2010
Bitter Taste on fingers & upper lip.
Well this actually helped me a lot. I

never use the canned air but I did yesterday after I left the office and today my fingers and upper lip tastes very bitter. I believe the canned air is why this has happened to me. Very odd and now I am thinking I may want to just let the dust accumulate on my keyboard from now on!
|

replied January 20th, 2010
I'm a male, it's been linked to thyroid problems. And if you could possible have any doubt in your mind, that taste isn't just on your hands, it's all over your body, taste your wrist, arm, inside of your clothes. It's not keyboard cleaner. You just think it is because it goes away and is simple to explain.
|

replied February 7th, 2010
Bitter taste on my skin
Hi I have had the same problem for the last few days thought it was shower gel but changed that. Dont know the cause but will mention to doc this week.
|

replied February 26th, 2010
bitter tasting lips and skin
I just started having this problem two evenings ago. both my hands and lips are affected, and I suspect my whole body, altho I haven't checked elsewhere. It occurs only in the evening to me. I have no idea where it comes from. Any help would be appreciated. Should I see a doctor about it? Or is it something trivial?
|

Bitter taste on my skin
Hi Yes as I mentioned before, I too have the same symptom. I mentioned it to my GP who had no idea but will check my medication and also talk to her collegues.

Hope somebody has an answer

Kindred
|

bitter taste on lips and skin
Monitor the taste after using those gift bath sets. I noticed the bitter taste on my lips and skin after using the gel and the lotion. I have monitored it very carefully. Although I did not apply it to my face or lips, my lips would become bitter. It was made in China and distributed by a major discount store in the USA.
|

replied March 1st, 2010
bitter tatse on finger tips & lips
I too have just notied this in the last few weeks... Bitter taste on finger tips & lips. it comes and goes without any regularity. I do not believe it is Canned Air because I have never used that. Also, I have done many experiments with different face & body products and this has not made a difference. I have tested other parts of my bdy and still only noticed it on my finger tops & lips. I donot us e hand sanitizer either so I m not sure what is happening... It would be nice to know.
I am a 32 yr old female on no medication except birth control.
|

replied May 14th, 2010
Neurological?
It would be really nice if someone with medical experience would respond to this post. I have also had this symtom ofr the past few weeks.
At the same time, I have had numb sensation in my toes. My primary care physician was stumped. Referred me to a neurologist.
|

replied November 15th, 2011
EVERYONE!! I just tasted my keyboard and for me I now know it is DEFINITELY the canned air!!
|

replied January 7th, 2012
yup just happened to me while i was cleaning out a computer with canned air.
|

replied April 27th, 2012
Nasty taste on skin and Llps
I have the same taste and I use canned air..but I also am on thyroid medication due to a rotten thyroid..this is crazy,if the canned air is causing this they need to be notified. It could be causing some negative reactions. I'm done with the can aired and will see if it stops. This taste is nasty!
|

replied April 27th, 2012
ok guys..I just read the back of my can of air,3 M Dust Remover..it says "Sensitive Users" PEOPLE WITH ASTHMA OR SENSITIVITY TO ODORS AND TASTE MAY REACT TO CONTENTS"

With this said..No more canned air for me..
|

replied November 30th, 2012
I've been noticing this for a few months. I do not even clean my keyboard. I thought it was the liquid soaps but I've been using them for years. then this morning, I licked my lips and tasted the nasty taste again. I see my rheumatologist next week & since I have a family history of thyroid disorders will see what he thinks.
|

replied March 4th, 2013
Bitter tasting skin and lips!
I've been having this problem for months now...to the point I've lost over 20 lbs and was just sick all the time with no energy what so ever. I narrowed it down to a few things and after completely cleaning my home from top to bottom and slowly removing the items 1 at a time I have narrowed it down to Clorox Disinfecting Wipes....after having them out of my home for almost 2 weeks the taste finally went away and I was eating again and regaining my energy! Went to a friends for dinner and was helping her clean up when I noticed what she was using...those darn clorex cleaning wipes and the next day the taste was back! I now stay clear of all clorox products. I've always has chemical sensitivities but I honestly thought this stuff was going to kill me. I'm fine as long as I stay away from those awful things!
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2013
bitter taste on fingertips.
I have been having the same problem and was thinking about goin to the doctor with it. Resently they found nodules in my lungs and I am a breast cancer surviver. They said these nodules could be from fungus instead of cancer. I was thinking maybe the taste on my finger tips was from the fungus living in my lungs. Could this be possible? It is so bitter. I am going to go to the doctor next week. I will try to post more about this bitterness. If someone else finds something out please let me know. I sure hope it's fungus and not cancer.
|

replied May 21st, 2013
Bitter taste
Bitter taste stared in mouth after having 2 molars removed due to decay the dentist missed. Still had one caviatity. Had it cleaned and have waited 3 months to put on permanent cap. Have had the taste for 8 months. Then tasted of my fingers and they tasted bitter but sense the mouth taste bitter it could just be the tongue sine that is where our taste buds are. While having my tooth ready for the cap yesterday the dentist put some med on my gums and it was the horrid taste I have been having. Weird today been real sick but bitter taste has been gone. I am on Thyroid meds since 1984 and never experienced a bitter taste. Did have a little high levels of Ketones, still have to check that again. Not surewhat is going on just hope the bitter taste stays gone. 8 Months I have researched...been mersible. Still don't really know what is going on. Good luck.
|
12 >>
Quick Reply