Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Complications during Pregnancy Forum

High Risk Pregnancy

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
My husband and I have 2 children. 2 boys. We were thinking about trying to have that girl i've been wanting, but my previous 2 pregnancies were very high risk. I had a severe case of preeclamsia with the first, and a life threatning case of placenta previa with my 2 nd. I delivered both at 35 weeks. My doctor told me I could never have a normal size baby. My body wouldnt let them grow past a certain stage. Should I try for a 3rd? Or am I putting myself at too much of a risk??? What are my chances for having a normal pregnancy versus a complicated one????
Sincerely,
dont_havaclu
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 3rd, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
In my very honest opinion, dont do it! It is a very high risk to you and your baby, but more to you. My sister had the same thing and it was very scary. Even the doctor was worried about delivering. Now the doctor says she cannot have a baby or she wont make it again. You are lucky to have two. Alma (my sister) is getting her tubes tied, in a few years and is going to adopt. You should not risk your life for you and your baby, plus the family you already have. Its not worth it. The chances are very high that it will happen again but it gets worse and your baby will be born earlier and your symptoms will worsen. Please think about it.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul