Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Medium Lumps On Skull

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I have had a medium lump on the left side of forehead at hairline for 5 years. Doctor took xrays and said it was bone and sometime bones just grow like that. It seemed bigger so I went to another doctor a year ago and he took and xray and said it was fine. It is only noticable if you are looking for it because my hairline shape hides it. I had my hair colored last week and the stylist said I had a few "bumps" on my head. I shrugged it off but I noticed 2 bumps at the back of my skull about the size of quarters that were sore this week. I have now noticed another one today behind my right ear about the size of a dime. They are hard, like bone but are sore and are starting to cause me headaches. Whether this is because of the bumps or because of the stress that I am scared I don't know. I know I need to go back to the doctor, but I do not have insurance coverage until August 1st. Could this be something serious or could it wait?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Do you still experience these symptoms? The "bumps" might actually be lymph nodes which are swollen...let us know.

Wink
|
Did you find this post helpful?