Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Calendar Conception : When did I Conceive ? Forum

How far along is my pregnancy ? Ultrasound test and concepti

User Profile
i'm not sure how far along i am. i'm not sure when my last period was either. i took a blood test on november 29, 2006 and it came out negative but i do believe i was on my period at the time too. then around xmas time i started feeling really tired and nauseous so i took a urine test and it came out positive (dec. 29, 2006). i've had many ultra sounds done but my doctors wont give me an estimated due date. the only date i have been given is spetember 6th, 2007. it's really frustrating not to know when i'm due around. if you could help me out that would be great.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2007
Baby Q and A, Baby Health Answer A3121
A pregnancy test becomes positive 10 days after possible conception when the fertilized egg-cell embeds itself in the uterus. If you conceived on the 20th of November, 2006 the pregnancy test taken November 29th could have still been negative. It is impossible to calculate your due date without the date of your last menstruation. An ultrasound apparatus calculates the due date according to fetal parameters (head diameter, abdominal diameter, femur length…) compared against standard values.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pregnancy Calendar Conception : When did I Conceive ? , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.