Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Tooth root showing through gum

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
Hi everyone,

I need help with my teeth. I am only a young teenager and i haven't been to the dentist for 2 years. But i only recently discovered that a part of my tooth root is showing, and Ive come to a conclusion that either 1. the gum has eroded away to show the root. or 2. The tooth is being pushed out by another tooth underneath. This tooth is only a baby tooth, and i have a loose canine next to it, but what worries me also is that the canine has been loose since January 2008, and it still hasn't come out. I haven't noticed because there has been no pain in the gum or teeth at all, and it isn't loose.

Could someone please tell me what's going on, and how i should go about it.

thanks

Rhody
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 1st, 2011
I have the same problem! It's an adult tooth, but it can be seen through the gum. It poked a little hole. This has been going on with me for a while. The problem usually fixes itself, though.
|

replied November 22nd, 2011
Hello I have the same problem with an adult tooth it seems the gum has eroded away to show the root of my tooth. Any ideas?
|