Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

took 3g ascorbic acid,may this cause negative HPT?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
User Profile
i usually have my period after 30-35 days menstrual cycle..my last menstruation was april 14 2011, i slept with my boyfriend last may 3,4,5,and 6..he says he is really confident that he withdraw before ejaculation.... i am 10 days late. i took HPT this morning and it was negative. i exprience breast tenderness for 16 days now,lower back pain for 10 days,abdominal cramps for 5days now.. am i pregnant? last night i took 3g ascorbic acid,may this cause negative HPT?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A23502
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If you have unprotected intercourse closer to your fertile days or probable time of egg release, then chances of pregnancy cannot be ruled out. Pre-cum, or pre-ejaculatory fluid is known to contain sperms in it. Sperms once released inside female reproductive tract can stay alive for upto 3-4 days. The egg once released from ovary can stay alive for 6-7 days.
Your current symptoms (delayed periods, breast tenderness, low backpain, abdominal cramps) could suggestive of possibility of early pregnancy. If your periods are more than 10 days late, you should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation/examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet.
Urine pregnancy tests are not always 100% reliable. Sometimes they can also keep showing you false negative results during the first few months. Urine pregnancy test kits are calibrated ones, so they show positive results only after the hormonal levels in urine have reached a certain level. Blood/serum HCG levels are accurate and can detect pregnancy early (as early as 11 days post conception).
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.