Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

Too much exercise ?

Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....
I started trying to get in shape 3 months ago, in the beginning I just started to incorporate small stuff like a little extra physical activity, going to the gym twice a week, and little diet changes like cutting out soda alcohol and candy, and i gradually began adding more exercise, soon it was 5 days a week and then 7. This past couple of weeks I tried pushing my limits even farther by making it my goal to burn off at least 800 calories in my workouts. Problem is despite how hard I'm working I don't seem to be making any progress. My boyfriend thinks I may be overexerting myself which he thinks may be the reason for these results or lack thereof... Is it possible that my body wants me to take it down a notch and if i do will i see results or will i get even fatter? I just don't see how exercising this much could be a bad weight loss strategy.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 11th, 2009
dear codee,,ure boyfriend is worried because u must b tellin him how hard ure workin and ure not gettin da results wich makes anyone unhappy and he cant u in that way,,the thing is,,goin in shape shud b made a long term thing rather tahn a short term,,so that when u get out of the gym u atleast have time to chill out with friends and family in sanity rather dan goin 2 times daily,,dat is overexertion and for 7 days,,dats too much,,i guess,,u can get the results goin 1 time for life but being strict with ure gym regiment,,the thing is,,dont make losin weight da goal,,make happiness the goal and goin to the gym a part of it,,i hope ure gettin wat i just said,,lol,,but i personally believe in the long run,,,overexertion wud get atleast me tired,,and if i dunt lose weight il get all irritated by everyone and wud b disheartd,,just dont overexert ureself,,kepp a selective diet,,DIET IS 80 percent,,dont forget,,know wat to eat ,,when to eat,,rather dan listenin to ppl who dont know 2 things abt losin weight and are overweight themselvz,,once uve lose weight ,,ul know how easy it is losin and gainin it,,,
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2009
I agree with everything that hazen said. Diet and exercise don't work over night. That's what I always so to myself.
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2009
Experienced User
It's not the exercise you need,propper hydration & thecorrect mineral salts are what will help you hear, in fact you can push too hard exercising & this will cause you to gain weight.This is because with hard exercise your body creates wastes, acids etc & it cant deal with it all without you going into toxic shock, so it packs it away in fat so no harm can take affect. This is where the correct hydration comes into play. The guideline hear is for every 40-50 pound of body weight you should be drinking 1 litre of filtered water, the salt is there for you to replace the minerals you loose in exchange of old fluid with fresh, the best salts are unprocessed sea salt or himalayan salts at any health food store. Also educate yourself about alkalizing diets these are the things that will help you loose the weight easily, back off on the exercise all you need is something that will increase your metabolism & even a fast walk for 15 min will keep your metabolism in a faster state for as much as 8hrs.
relax enjoy life, don't cause stress on yourself. It'll kill you!
If i can help with more onfo you are welcome to inquire.
|