Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Too much adrenaline, or brain tumor??

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
I'm 18, I've been getting irritable sometimes daily, to the point my head was pounding and I got conflicting thoughts, majorly, could not relax and ended up doing something stupid or getting angry at people I cared for because of it.. my BP sits amazingly at 190/130, I've had it checked over and over and it's been up and down that level for a long time..

I'm getting (slow..) blood testing done, in a few weeks..but my doctor doesn't seem to get how much this problem is for me.. I know for certain BP cannot skyrocket when it does, or be that high, last year I had slightly high BP and I got a few basic tests done, my thyroid was fine they said? but now it's gotten to the point I can't live, with the pain, and the extreme irritability I get..

do you think this a symptom of too much adrenaline, something wrong with the adrenaline production? but my voice has been slurry on and off for this year.. and pressure behind my eyes on and off from the BP, it looks like it's a tumor.. does this sound like one?

A note.. if I took a lot of something like pseudoephedrine.. ( sudafed ), the first few times, it gave me enough adrenaline to mess me up a bit, and it seemed to have cleared my head of pain for a bit.. but that shouldn't help extremely high BP.. which makes me think more that it's a tumor of some sort..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2009
You could be suffering from an anxiety disorder. Anxiety Disorders affect about 40 million American adults age 18 years and older (about 18%) in a given year, causing them to be filled with fearfulness and uncertainty. Unlike the relatively mild, brief anxiety caused by a stressful event, anxiety disorders last at least 6 months and can get worse if they are not treated. Anxiety disorders commonly occur along with other mental or physical illnesses, which may mask anxiety symptoms or make them worse. In some cases, these other illnesses need to be treated before a person will respond to treatment for the anxiety disorder.

To get more info, please visit this site:
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publication s/anxiety-disorders/complete-index.shtml
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2009
Supporter
It could be anxiety but my concern is your age and the high blood pressure. I doubt if it's a tumor but your doctor will know more when you have the blood work done. I hope you feel better soon and try to relax!
|

replied January 11th, 2011
High blood pressure & flushing
Please check into PHEOCHROMOCYTOMa, as this is a adrealine secreting tumor.
This can be checked with a simple blood test.
|