Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

too many periods

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
The start of this month the condom broke while having sex. So to be on the safe side my boyfriend and I went and got Plan B. A day after that I got my period.. heavier then normal but nothing serious. That lasted about a 7 days which is like 4 longer then normal. Anyways, I have been off my period for about 6 days now and it started again.. but not a normal period.. darker then normal. (gross and im sorry) and its not heavy yet.. but it only has been less then a day. I'm concerned just because I have already had my period this month..and I dont really understand why I would be getting another one.. I don't know.. Any thoughts?! Thanks!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 14th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Plan B is a high dose hormonal birth control pill that works by manipulating your hormones that control your cycles. It will mess with your period for a few cycles.

I think what you are seeing is 'normal' after Plan B.
|

replied October 14th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
I agree any sort of morning after pill or birth control pill affects your normal cycle, you should be back to normal in 2-3 weeks If not visit your doctor for further advice...jenny
|