Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Tonsil and Submandibular lymph node swollen and mild sore throat

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I am 27 years old and have had a mild sore throat for the past month. For the first couple weeks it would only be mildly irritated every few days. Also my submandibular lymph node was swollen. It is rubbery and does not hurt when i press it. It can be moved from side to side. Also I was getting night sweats every few nights but started sleeping in my underwear and have only had them once since then. In the past week or so it is mildly irritated every day. That is when I looked in my mouth with a flashlight and noticed a small white dot that looked like a whitehead pimple on my tonsil that is on the same side of my neck as the swollen lymph node and the tonsil was slightly swollen. I checked again today and the dot is gone by the tonsil is still just as swollen and the mild irritation has not decreased. I also have two cavities in my teeth but they are small and never cause a toothache. I keep putting off getting them fixed. Also I always sleep on my stomach with my head tilted to the left so that means that the affected side (the right side of my neck/throat) is against my bed. I have no insurance right now so I am trying not to go to the doctor but I will if I have to. I was wondering if my symptoms could be because of my teeth or because of something more serious like Hodgkin's disease.
Did you find this post helpful?
|