Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Tons of bug bites while sleeping

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
This has happened to me over various points of my life, but never like this. I noticed on my leg yesterday that I had a very large bug bite that was itching like crazy, but as I inspected it, I noticed I had about a dozen bug bites on that leg, starting on the outside just above the knee and working its way up my leg to just below my panty-line. I thought nothing of it because like I said, I've had this at different points of my life. Just now though, I was changing for bed and noticed on the same side of my body, I have roughly 30-40 similar bites. I'm not exaggerating that number at all. They are literally everywhere. All on the outside of my clothing though. There are any under my bra, and they are all on one side only. And it's the side I sleep ON. I just checked my entire bed for the dreaded bed-bug, but couldn't find anything remotely close to a bed bug. The one thing that concerns me is that I have two patches of about 10 bites each that are all really close together and form a little rash looking thing. They don't hurt at all, they just itch like there is no tomorrow. What could these be? I don't have any pets, and I've lived in my apartment for about 3 months, and continuously am spraying for bugs, so I don't understand how they could still be living here. Please help!! I really want to take care of this ASAP because the constant itching is driving me nuts. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 17th, 2012
Check out Demodex mites. Are you itchy on your scalp face?
|

replied June 17th, 2012
No, it's only been on my back, sides, and upper part of my leg.
|

replied June 18th, 2012
Demodex mites
Firstly I would stop spraying chemicals this will only weaken your immune system and if you do have Demodex mites that's not good. They prefer you face and head but they can spread to other parts. Research these mites I am treating them with tea tree oil and it seems to be working. You need to know there life cycle so that you can get rid of them.
|