Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Tongue white after piercing

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
User Profile
i am a resent recipient of a tongue piercing and i have not had a infection but suddenly last night my tongue turned whitish
and i was wondering why? looking
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile dragonsruleyo
|

replied August 3rd, 2009
Hi, I'm a piercer. you are experiencing discharge from the piercing... it's getting infected. have you been cleaning it like you should? keep that area and all fresh piercings as clean as possible.
|
Users who thank MissJessi for this post: dragonsruleyo 

replied August 3rd, 2009
if it seems to be getting worse please take it out completely
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2009
i have been keeping it extremely clean i am ocd and anal retentive about my oral hygiene, thats why this freaked me out this morning
|

replied August 3rd, 2009
is your entire tongue white or just around the piercing?
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2009
kinda the middle but it goes away after brushing and its not around the piercing
|

replied August 3rd, 2009
ohhh ok doesn't sound too bad then... that can happen sometimes too. it's not really serious unless the piercing is pussing and/ or if your tongue becomes more swollen. when i pierced my tongue web for the first time i was 15 and my tongue was swollen and numb for a few days i had some white on my tongue as well because i cleaned it so much i think the listerine is what made my tongue pale colored. it was also around the middle. just take care of that piercing and if you start seeing puss or start feeling pain please take it out. take care hun.
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2009
ok thanks sooo much i almost had a heart attack ur a god send!!!!!!Smile
|

replied May 21st, 2010
Mine is a whitish color more towards the back is that still thrush? Oh and i got i pierced two days ago and i have been eating is that bad
|

replied August 17th, 2010
tongue ring
i have a question, i use listrine n i ate ice cream like 3 tyme, which sum people say not to eat, but its day 3 since wen i got my peircing, and my tongue is yellow-ish a little
|

replied April 12th, 2012
i got my tongue pierced 2 days ago and i been using lots of mouth wash every time i eat,drink, smoke, ect and my whole tongue is a whitish colour, i got told it might be from using to much mouthwash and it killing the good bacteria on my tongue, is that true?
|
Quick Reply