Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

toe nails turning white?

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
So i recently went to the podiatrist because it seems as though my big toes have fungus. He gave me some good news: he doubts it is fungus because what I have is uneven texture and discoloring of my nail, which is superficial and fungus is not superficial, but it starts underneath.

He gave me a prescription, which is a nail gel called Urea. You put it on like a nail polish twice a day. Well I have been following doctors orders. There's only one problem: when the gel dries, it turns my toe nails white and crusty. It washes right off with water but why do they turn white? Is that a sign that the gel is working?

Any help would be great!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 27th, 2012
bad shoe smell
|

replied July 27th, 2012
how can i avoid bad shoe smell i changed 3 shoes, i used candid, i always keep clean my shoes and socks but totally no change in smell. how can i do? shall i suicide my self? i don't know? actually this is happened since before 8 days. please help me people!!!
|

replied July 27th, 2012
shoes smell
solutions for bad shoes smell???????????????????????
|
Quick Reply