Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

todays pain was 1000x worse than it ever has been before

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
today i had very awfully severe period pains, which i am used to as i get very heavy and painful periods but todays pain was 1000x worse than it ever has been before and i felt dizzy and very strange, i put a pad in and then 20 minutes later i checked it and there was a quite large fleshy lump with black blood around it but no other blood. this was not a blood clot as i am used to them. and since that happened earlier i have had no blood yet and i am feeling very sick and dizzy, this is not like my normal period and i am very worried. can you suggest what it could be?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2012
Menstruation Answer A33179
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the cause for the situation & symptoms that you describe without examining you and going with further evaluation. You should have considered preserving the abnormal clot that you had to get it examined by your doctor/gynecologist. If the bleeding has stopped after passing the big clot that you describe (and if you have been sexually active), chances of pregnancy and of early miscarriage cannot be ruled out completely. Visit your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation and clarification. If pregnancy/miscarriage is suspected, blood HCG levels done will show elevated levels, and ultrasound scan done will help to see if the uterine cavity is empty.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.