Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Low Blood Pressure and Hypotension Forum

To high, and too low blood pressure, heart rate varies.

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
Have had issues with blood pressure. Starting having problems with shortness of breath and racing heart and other symptoms.

There are times it HR has gone past 200 with just standing.
Sometimes from sitting to standing my heart rate jumps drastically.

Now I am on three different blood pressure medications and there have times my blood pressure has gone too low.

Now I am noticing heart rate climbing and racing at times. Especially standing. Sometimes my blood pressure is a lot lower standing then sitting. Strange.

Keeping my blood pressure monitored but scary the fluctuations. Also all the symptoms and medications. Just want my blood pressure and heart rate to be normal.

Seen internist and family doctor they can not find any causes for my heart racing, that is why they have put me on these med but really would like to get to the bottom of this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2011
Hello and thank you for posting your medical question on E health Forum. I am glad I can help you here.

From the history provided your symptoms could be due to conditions such as orthostatic hypertension, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome or autonomic dysautonomia.

These conditions are associated with a condition whereby systolic blood pressure drops with change in posture.

You might consider consulting a cardiologist for an examination and tests for evaluation which may help you out.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Low Blood Pressure and Hypotension , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.