Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

to dizzy to get out of bed

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
hi all, am a healthy 19 yr old female. last week i did not really feel the best felt tired and run down then on saturday a week today i woke up feeling all to one side from Saturday night i couldn't even get out of bed and since if iv been in bed its really getting to me now. if i try to get up at all or even move my head i get real bad lightness the doc came out to me as i could not get out of bed to go to him he give me stugeron and an antibiotic iv been on them 4 days now and haven't noticed a difference i was just wondering if anybody else has had this and if so how long for? please help its getting me down Sad . thanks, stacey xx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 11th, 2010
Experienced User
My dizziness started yesterday which is caused by my ongoing TMJD. I get dizzy when I get out of bed and when I go in bed and some position changed while in bed.
|

User Profile
have you been left bedbound?
|

Experienced User
No, I only get dizzy for a little bit but quickly resolved until I get up again. When I get up, I slowly get up tiny movement at a time but still get dizzy and stumbling my way out of bed. I'll sit up a little bit at the side of bed until my dizziness stops.

Right now, I'm sitting in bed and I could feel some kind of swinging in my head.
|

User Profile
i have a fear of passing out so even the thought of sitting up freaks me out
|

Experienced User
dizziness
I've been through so much with my TMJD problem, so when this dizziness started yesterday, I just thought that it's one of those scary symptoms. I just reassure myself that it wont kill me. I just tell myself that I've never heard of someone dying of dizziness.

I hope you will find the cause of your dizziness. It is very scary.
|

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2010
yea its really scary Sad thanks 4 your help xx
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Why were you given antibiotics? Antivert works wonders for dizziness (vertigo).

Also visiting an Ear, Nose & Throat doctor would be in order.

Do you have allergies as this can cause dizziness as well.

Zig
|

User Profile
replied December 14th, 2010
he give me an antibiotic just to be safe and no i dont have any allergies, yea he has sent a letter for the ear nose and throat but its a long wait, i just want 2 be able to get up its been 11 days now Sad
|