Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

TMJ treatment for ringing ears ?

I've been to my ENT numerous times for hearing tests and new herbal drugs for my ears ringing. I also feel like I get ear infections a lot, but the doctor can never see a problem in my ear. A family member was diagnosed with TMJ recently, so I started looking it up online to see what it was. Turns out I have a lot of the symptoms, but ringing ears is by far affecting me the most. The left side of my jaw pops twice every time I open my mouth too far or yawn, while the right side clicks and grinds when chewing. My jaw often gets too tired when trying to eat chewy things. When I yawn, other people can actually hear my jaw popping. It seems pretty clear that I am experiencing TMJ, but more than anything I want relief for the ringing. So my question is, will treatment help the ringing? I don't have insurance right now so I can wait out the popping and tired jaw, but I would seek help if it is likely to help my ears, as it takes forever just to fall asleep with constant ringing (even with TV, radio, fans, etc).
Did you find this post helpful?
|