Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

TMJ and swollen lymph nodes

I was wondering if anyone has had their lymph nodes in the jaw and neck area swell occasionally because of TMJ? I have noticed mine do every now and then but then seem to go back to normal. My neck muscles stay tight and inflamed and my neck is hard to turn to the side sometimes. I was just wondering if anyone can relate? Thanks for any info!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
yes i get this from time to time---applying heat to it helps ----i paniced the first time that i got this.
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2008
Supporter
throat/tonsils
I know it is hard to see, but do any of you have inflamed tonsils/throat. Mine is on same side and has been so ever since it all started when dentist did "overfilled" root canal. I get tingling in chin sometimes so I am very curious about possible neuritis due to injured nerve, which in turn caused inflammation going down to the joint. I hurts to talk about it...
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
if you r tonsils are inflamed you should go to an ent or to your regular doctor---you may have developed an infection from someting during this visit. how long ago was this
|

User Profile
replied July 2nd, 2008
Supporter
ENT
I have seen couple ENTs, most were as ignorant, not to even notice the inflammation. My general doctor did mono test, which came back negative.
I had CT, which was unable to image my left parotid gland, and said that everything appeared normal. Doctor said to come back in couple months, without any recommendations, stating that perhaps "it will burn itself out".

I had root canal in April/May 2006, after that, in 2007, my doctor finally agreed that there is some redness in the throat on the painful side, and offered mono test.
I was also offered to do nuclear bone scan, which I did not perform. They were concerned with infection of the bone itself, I think.

But yea, ENTs all they do is endoscopic/laryngoscpic procedures. One of them observed polyps in my sinus on the same side as the TMD.
And entereing the scopy into the right nostril is always more painful.
|