Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

TMJ and bruxism

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi,

I suffer from bruxism where I clentch my teeth at night. This causes severe jaw, neck and shoulder pain and headaches along with fluidy ears, blocked eustation tubes, blocked nasal passages, where I have lost my sense of taste and smell and feelings of being off balance. I have braces on my teeth at present, as my neuomuscular dentist said that once my bite is fixed, this will help with the bruxism, is she right? What other treatments are available? How can I get releif in the meantime? Could the braces be making it worse short term? Do you think my nasal problems are a seperate issue, cause I am sure its all connected.

If anyone can help in any way or has any similar stories to share with me I would love to hear from you.

Thanks for reading x
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 23rd, 2012
Try a smartguard nightguard for braces myt help u at nyt
|
Did you find this post helpful?